Brian Robinson

HUGE new absinthe article

I'll probably be sending one or two more tonight if the inspiration hits me. i.e. I'll have a glass or three of what's sitting around and spout off as I can. :devil:

Glad to hear the deadline was extended-I've had limited Internet access for the last week or so, but I should be able to send in something more to contribute by then.

Brian, thanks for confirming, buddy! Because of the importance of this article, we should start a thread for this in the General Absinthe Discussion section. I think a lot more people would see it there.

Precinphix, you've got a good tongue, so I can't wait to hear yours, mate. :)

As for everyone else, PLEASE send me some stuff! The deadline was extended to the 15th. I'd love to be able to give credit to as many people as we possibly can to give the WS even more rapport. This article, amongst a couple of other things coming up in the next few months literally has the opportunity to be a game changer in the US absinthe arena.

Exciting news!

I hope my verbosity does not obfuscate the intention of any particular treatise. :devil:

Serious props, Brian, for all the work you're doing.

Deoch mhòr do Bhrian, 's b'e sin a mhiann. -Scottish Gaelic proverb meaning: "A big drink to Brian, and that's his desire." (Nicholson, 2003)

Brian, I just sent you a submission, hope you got it & it's not too late. Sorry for the delay, too many distractions in the Florida Keys...

Yeah, I slagged off with a busy week last week and this one, so I only got one mini-review in. Don't know if it'll see the light of day, but it felt neat to at least attempt to contribute to an article that should offer some education to the public at large.

Any clues as to what publication this will article will be gracing?

Now that everything has been submitted, and the editor seems very happy with what he got, I think it's OK to reveal the magazine.

This article will be the cover feature for the second national issue of Mutineer magazine. Mutineer is another Imbibe type of magazine, talking a lot about all types of drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. He will also be featured on WineLibraryTV sometime this week or next, so check it out. I'll post a link when it gets up. I believe he plugged us in the episode (worked my wiles on that one).

If you've got $10 to spare, that's how much a subscription costs. It's well worth it. Check em out.

Can't wait to read the article, nor can I wait to see the cover! I was on a call with the photographer who is doing the cover shoot, and there were some pretty awesome ideas thrown about.

Thanks for the support, Brian and all of WS. It means a lot to us!

I purchased a copy of the edition on the site, the one with the "absinthe art" note on the cover. Is this the issue we've been talking about, or is that a future issue? Either way, I'm a huge magazine lover, so if this one rubs me right--and any zine with a feature of Sam Adams and Absinthe can't not rub my attention parts right--I'll probably pick up a subscription!

I purchased a copy of the edition on the site, the one with the "absinthe art" note on the cover. Is this the issue we've been talking about, or is that a future issue? Either way, I'm a huge magazine lover, so if this one rubs me right--and any zine with a feature of Sam Adams and Absinthe can't not rub my attention parts right--I'll probably pick up a subscription!

That actually isn't the article we're talking about. The article mentioned on the cover that you bought (with the Zane Lamprey and Sam Adam's feature articles) has a really small piece on artists back in the day who drank absinthe and a little bit about them.

The BIG FEATURE COVER ARTICLE about absinthe should be the June/July edition of the magazine. I think you'll like what you see and I have a feeling you'll be back for a subscription, and either way, it's only $10!

Take care and thanks for the support :cheers:

:pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

So ironic that I just happened to wind up running into one of these guys on the m3forum and wound up subscribing so I'll see this article when it's published!

Hey everyone, just wanted to say that I am looking at the article as it sits in the magazine, and it looks awesome ... to all those that contributed, well done. :)

As for the date it will hit the stands, it will be the end of May / beginning of June. Once I get an exact date, I'll let you all know. The best way you can all help us out as a new magazine is to buy it off the newsstand and if you like what you see, which you will, pick up a subscription! It's at most Barnes and Nobles, and a lot of Borders and some other stores as well. If you have trouble finding a place in your area with it, let me know and I can look up exactly what stores near you have it.

Thanks again for your guys' help and hopefully this article can shed a little more light on what you guys are all about and send some new people interested in absinthe your way :)

And before I get any PM's about it, I can't send ya a digital copy of the mag .. sorry :P

Edited by odiedog52

Once I get an exact date, I'll let you all know.

Thanks in advance. I'll be sure to get out to the store and pick up a copy.