Belarmin

Aloha.

Hello All,

I am probably the newest of the newbies and would like to extend an aloha to all of you at the Wormwood Society. I hail from the middle of the Pacific on the island of Maui.

I am also a newbie to the world of absinthe and actually came upon it via Absente. One day at the liquor store I saw a picture of van Gogh and ended up buying the bottle purely out of curiosity. My interest was piqued and it wasn’t very long before I started to search for more information on the web. That’s when I happened on to your site. None of my colleagues have ever tried, or even heard of, absinthe and so your site is truly a godsend. Mahalo.

My wife surprised me with a bottle of Jade’s NO on Father’s Day. I asked her how she decided on the NO and she said she came to your site, proceeded to LdF and chose one at random. Lucky me! I enjoyed it very much but having very little experience (and no other brands) was unable to make any comparisons. However, I just ordered a K 53 and we’ll see how that goes.

Although I visit often, for the most part I am very quiet and will probably lurk in the shadows while I learn. I think the WS site and its members are wonderful. Thanks again.

I hail from the middle of the Pacific on the island of Maui.

Oh, yeah?

Well, I'll bet that still won't stop me from being the king of no-shows! :P

Seriously though, a most hearty welcome, Belarmin! :cheers:

Greetings and salutations!

I'll add my voice to the chorus recommending the Kübler. In the upper ranks of my short list...

Send him what you have left.

Oh, that hurt! (I had that one a-comin') :P

Actually, my own first was La Fee...so I made it at least a couple steps above Czechsinthe. Belarmin is the first I've heard of who started on Jade, though. More power to him, I say!

Well, I started with the Jade but it wasn't my doing. I can thank the wife for that one. Oh, and how I'd like to continue down that road but the wife isn't that much in to it... yet.

Other than that I'll just take my cues from you guys. I meant to try the FG but you seem to be evenly split. I'm not sure if I want to try something that tastes like ass, etc.

Thanks, guys.

Welcome Belarmin.

If you like the Jade NO then you may like FG. I really like both of them and I find some similarities in the flavors. I think I've also observed that the folks who don't like FG usually don't list NO among their favorites.

Enjoy! :cheers:

My wife and I just finished off our bottles of BdF and VdF last night and I am seriously considering ordering a bottle of the controversial "frans froggie" for a try. I think FG is cheapest from Phil but if I am replacing the dFs I should be better off getting all three from LdF no? Of course, there is so much I have not tried yet. Decisions, decisions.

Will there be a WS event between October and new years?

Well, I've been trying my best not to ask the obvious ignorant newbie questions but I just gotta ask this one:

Who's Phil? And where can I find his less expensive bottles?