Antoine

Hello - I did it !

Hello everyone,

I've been reading this forum since quite a long time and I think it's now time for me to introduce myself. (sorry if my english is not perfect, I'll try to do my best...)

I know absinthe now since 3 years and I'd say it changes my life :twitchsmile:

Absinthe: such an interesting drink ! That's why I've decided to work with it (shop and website) after I finished my studies. Like everyone here, I'm trying (modestly) to put an end to the preconceived ideas about absinthe, and to help this drink to retrieve its proper position.

I've been for the last three years in Boveresse and in Pontarlier for the Absinthiades. That's why I'm sure I met some of you guys. I'm glad to have joined the WS and can't wait for interesting discussions.

Santé :cheers:

Antoine

Viele grüße von uns aus Kalifornien. :cheers:

I can acutally speak German much better than I can write it. :cool-reaper:

Thanks for your "Welcome", I feel like home now :shifty:

Welcome, Antoine! You're lucky to have been around absinthe since such a young age! Most of us have come to it late in life!

Yes, I really think I am !

I'd like to add that I'm from France (even if I'm living in Germany). But thanks anyway fot those who wrote in german. Or should I say "Danke sehr" ;)

Ihre English ist besser, mein Deutsch ist schlecht! Wilkommen nach die Wormwood Society! Glad to have you :cheers: Sorry for butchering the German, mind you ;)

Greetings Antoine. :cheers:

Perhaps, as a Frenchman, you could persuade Hans-Peter Fuß, the owner of rueverte.com, Galerie Grüner Engel, and sites such as the "absinthe24" sites, that he's actually doing harm to the absinthe trade by selling so many faux-absinthes that are just wormwood schnapps, or worse.

As the Wormwood Society and other sites continue to educate the public about true absinthe, the faux absinthe market will continue to dwindle. He should be prepared to change business models.

Ich spreche nur ein Bißchen Deutsch. It's been a while since high school and I never had a chance to use any... And I speak no French at all, I'm afraid. Which is why I can't pronounce half of the names of the Absinthes I would like to try.

Anyways, enough about my linguistic shortcomings. Welcome to the WS! I have been here only a short time myself but am learning of a lot of great Absinthe brands from a lot of intelligent individuals.

welcome.jpg

Guten Tag and welcome! I remember visiting Heidelberg when I was very young, beautiful place! And not too far from Hockenheim, I'm always rooting for BMW to finish well there in F1!

Greetings Antoine. :cheers:

Perhaps, as a Frenchman, you could persuade Hans-Peter Fuß, the owner of rueverte.com

I am the owner of RueVerte.com (not Peter).

I really understand when you said it's not a good think to sell this "faux-absinthes". To my opinion, it just depends the way you sell it. This is a decision I had to make a the beginning when I started with my website. It wasn't an easy decision and I'm glad to be able to discuss it now with you on this forum.

I'm not sure if it's the right place to discuss it. Shouldn't we make a new topic? (as new member, I'm not use yet with the "rules")

To make a short first answer, I'd say that we do sell these drinks because they do exist and are called "absinthe" (even if there are not). We do not recommend this brand and I hope by looking at my website it's easy to understand that's these are not what ppl should buy. I'm trying to say: "look I have the brand you may look for, but look at our selection, look at our description and you'll see it would be better for you to choose another one, a real absinthe"

I'm not sure I really explain my idea clearly. I'd need more explanations. But like I said, I'd be happy to do it !

Ich spreche nur ein Bißchen Deutsch. It's been a while since high school and I never had a chance to use any... And I speak no French at all, I'm afraid. Which is why I can't pronounce half of the names of the Absinthes I would like to try.

There is no secret, the best way to learn a language is to go to a country where the people do speak this language. Before I went to germany, my german was really bad. Maybe I should go to an english speaking country. ;)

Next year maybe...