augustgarage

Nomaste from North Hollywood

Howdy. :wave2:

Been perusing the site for a few months now - so much good info here and lots of friendly, funny, and knowledgable people. I'll mostly continue to lurk unless I have something salient to contribute - and I have quite a bit more tasting to do before then.

Currently enjoying a cool glass of Leopold Bros. from batch 6. Absinthe seems like an ideal Summer libation - so I'll probably be imbibing a good deal more once the heat inevitably picks up in Southern California.

Hello & welcome! I'm envious; I have not yet tried the Leopold Bros. but I hear good things about it. :cheers:

Thank you. Not to inflame your (green) envy, but this is an excellent, fragant, and refreshing pour. I bought it mainly to add to Sazerac cocktails but ended up with a preferance for straight rye whiskey and properly prepared absinthe independent of one another. Looking forward to trying his more recent (improved?) batches as well as a handful of other brands.

3351904721_131fb93541_m.jpg

Edited by augustgarage

Welcome :cheers:I find absinthe as enjoyable in the colder seasons also, but it is good for a war day (so long as I can drink it quick enough before the sun heats it too bad).

Welcome! :cheers:

Looking forward to trying his more recent (improved?) batches...

The newer batches taste different, and I'd say it's changed for the better (I've had batches 8, 10, and 14). I LOVE Leo's absinthe.