• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Larspeart

Larspeart

Advanced 'member'...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

For this semi-momentous occassion, I thought I would use my 1,000th post to do something I mean to do with every post I make on here- express my gratitude and appreciation for all of you. You all, whether I have met you or not, have become in some way or another my friends and advisors, teachers and pupils... all in the same instant. I hope that I, in return, am able to do the same in return to as many of you as I can, sharing and shedding light on this thing we drink called absinthe.

And if I haven't... or I "burned down yo' who' town" once, I am terribly sorry! ;)

Seriously guys- You are my favorite people to visit when I can't visit people, and this is my favorite lil' place on the web to call home. While my post-count may not indicate it, I do spend a good deal of time (and have since week 1, haha!) here, and it's never dull- always entertaining- always educational- always fun.

So, I am raising my glass to YOU tonight.

Cheers, mates!

"Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly." - W.E.P. French

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

#2 LeRoy

LeRoy

Shifty eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:03 PM

I'm raising a glass of a certain magical elixer to you!
Cheers, my friend! :cheers:

"We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight"
HP Lovecraft

#3 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Founder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,386 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

Lars, you silver-tongued devil, you. :cheers:

Maker of Marteau Absinthe and Foxtrot London Dry Gin

Please don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and consider a subscription donation.
Every bit helps the further development of the site and future events.

#4 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,283 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

I'm raising a glass of a certain magical elixer to you!
Cheers, my friend! :cheers:

What he said!

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#5 fingerpickinblue

fingerpickinblue

Hallucinations Sold Separately

• Content Team
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

This glass of "Brita" filtered water just doesn't seem adequate for such an occasion! :devil:

Happy 1000th. I always enjoy your posts! :dev-cheers:
blind man see her, dumb man call her name - Ed Bell

#6 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• 7,826 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

Aww...twas nothing, twas nothing.

Cheers right back at cha. :cheers: :wave2:

A little technological fix to a spiritual problem.

#7 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

Seriously guys- You are my favorite people to visit when I can't visit people, and this is my favorite lil' place on the web to call home.

I couldn't have said better myself. That was an excellent use of #1000, Lars. :cheers:

#8 precenphix

precenphix

Dreamer / Noise-maker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

Well, christ...if it means anything from a peon like me, I say cheers. We're the same age, so...well, whatever.

Cheers, magn!!! It is great to be among friends, innit?! ;)
Those with knowledge easily sense the truth of things. Those with egos built up on rumor and fancy, tend to maintain a hard line. - Tatan (Evan Camomile)

#9 scuto

scuto

Taste sensation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

:laugh: Amen! And happy 1000th!
"The Saint when he is drinking/Is also pleasing God/As if he were praying and singing." - Angelus Silesius, quoted in Simmel's On Individuality and Social Forms, p.391. (Yay for classical sociology!)

"Full bottle in front of me/Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work/And after many glasses of work/I get paid in the brain" - They Might Be Giants "Your Own Worst Enemy."

"I've an absinthe factory in my head" (jcbphd, 2009). [Liberties taken. -ed.]

#10 Ken Hallenius

Ken Hallenius

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

Damn, and to think I was accused of being a Post Hound for #500. You make me sick, with your feel-good, site-improving #1000...

Seriously, Lars, if for nothing other than the Larspeart Frappe, you will always have a special place in WS history...

Way to go, man!
"If you've never said anything that can be held over your head on the internet, you've never been on the internet." - Peridot

http://blog.hallenius.org

#11 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,254 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:15 AM

I saw Lars several times at Tales in '07 and not one time did he not have a smile on his face. He can really light up a room. B)

Cheers!
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#12 Larspeart

Larspeart

Advanced 'member'...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:28 AM

"You like me. You REALLY like... me!"

Aww, shucks. Being happy is way easier then being sad, man... and I am lazy, so easy is good! :)

Hiram, it wasn't my silver tongue you enjoyed so much in Allentown... muhaha!

"Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly." - W.E.P. French

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

#13 Trid

Trid

Ooo Shiny!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

Dammit...now I'm going to have to think of something different to say on my 1000th.

Cheers, right back atcha :cheers:
Some people are like slinkies....not really useful for anything, but you can't help but to smile when you see them tumbling down a flight of stairs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association