35 replies to this topic

#31 LeRoy

LeRoy

Shifty eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:20 AM

I love number 3! B)

"We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight"
HP Lovecraft

#32 sardonix

sardonix

C30H40O6 aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

1. Try really really really hard not to post while intoxicated. Others may be able to do so, though like with absinthe, there is a newb -> absintheur spectrum which involves PFTAing.

...and that is why I refrained from posting yesterday! I was afraid my "profound commentary" would actually be gibberish :paperbag3:
I think, therefore I am. Or am I over-thinking? I am thinking it over...

#33 sardonix

sardonix

C30H40O6 aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:13 AM

Oh, yeah, as far as sugaring, I rarely use it. It does make sense that it would depend on the brand/mood; I just seem to prefer the absinthe-only taste in most cases. But, based on this discussion, I may have to do some more experimentation...what a shame. :cheerz:
I think, therefore I am. Or am I over-thinking? I am thinking it over...

#34 Absinthe Ben

Absinthe Ben

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:19 AM

I haven't tried the La Charlotte, but I don't get much of a connection between the Montmartre and the BDF.

To clarify, I was making two separate comparisons there, not listing similar brands. I know people that dislike Montmartre generally don't drink it because of the heavier spiciness, so I was advising to avoid La Charlotte because I love Montemartre and even I think LC is overkill! Precinphix also said he disliked VdF, so I also suggested he avoid BdF because personally I think the funk is much stronger in that one.

EDIT: This is, of course, assuming the US LC's formula has been left untouched...

Looks like I've mislead you and Joe both, so I probably could've been a little more clear about it. But hey, it's hard to remember these small details once you've lost count of what glass you're on! :cheers:

Oh my, look what I've begun. :fork:

No, dear sir: it is I who should apologize. I've learned some things about myself today:::

1. Try really really really hard not to post while intoxicated.

3. If it takes longer than ten minutes to compose a post, and your guts are telling you to can it, best to hit the back button.

I think 1 and 3 might be related somehow. ;) Drunken posting or not, those are words of wisdom!
At least it's not Le Tourment Vert...

15 minutes of reading could save you $50 or more on shit absinthe:

www.absinthe-review.net

#35 Bluewolf Pete

Bluewolf Pete

Multifunctional items are definitely favored

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

I roll my eyes at those who chalk up non-sugaring to an outdated notion of masculinity

Damn! And here I thought I could quietly slip this in between taking-out-the-trash and lawn-maintenance for a testosterone fix.

If you want thujone, fuck off and go eat sage ~ Ron

"Let's louche these bitches up and party!" ~ Fingerpickinblue

#36 scuto

scuto

Taste sensation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

:laf:

I think 1 and 3 might be related somehow. ;)

Indubitably! Though 3 happens sometimes when I'm feeling "d" "u" "m" dumb.
"The Saint when he is drinking/Is also pleasing God/As if he were praying and singing." - Angelus Silesius, quoted in Simmel's On Individuality and Social Forms, p.391. (Yay for classical sociology!)

"Full bottle in front of me/Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work/And after many glasses of work/I get paid in the brain" - They Might Be Giants "Your Own Worst Enemy."

"I've an absinthe factory in my head" (jcbphd, 2009). [Liberties taken. -ed.]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association