1. Try really really really hard not to post while intoxicated. Others may be able to do so, though like with absinthe, there is a newb -> absintheur spectrum which involves PFTAing.

...and that is why I refrained from posting yesterday! I was afraid my "profound commentary" would actually be gibberish :paperbag3:

Oh, yeah, as far as sugaring, I rarely use it. It does make sense that it would depend on the brand/mood; I just seem to prefer the absinthe-only taste in most cases. But, based on this discussion, I may have to do some more experimentation...what a shame. :cheerz:

I haven't tried the La Charlotte, but I don't get much of a connection between the Montmartre and the BDF.

To clarify, I was making two separate comparisons there, not listing similar brands. I know people that dislike Montmartre generally don't drink it because of the heavier spiciness, so I was advising to avoid La Charlotte because I love Montemartre and even I think LC is overkill! Precinphix also said he disliked VdF, so I also suggested he avoid BdF because personally I think the funk is much stronger in that one.

EDIT: This is, of course, assuming the US LC's formula has been left untouched...

Looks like I've mislead you and Joe both, so I probably could've been a little more clear about it. But hey, it's hard to remember these small details once you've lost count of what glass you're on! :cheers:

Oh my, look what I've begun. :fork:

No, dear sir: it is I who should apologize. I've learned some things about myself today:::

1. Try really really really hard not to post while intoxicated.

3. If it takes longer than ten minutes to compose a post, and your guts are telling you to can it, best to hit the back button.

I think 1 and 3 might be related somehow. ;) Drunken posting or not, those are words of wisdom!

I roll my eyes at those who chalk up non-sugaring to an outdated notion of masculinity

Damn! And here I thought I could quietly slip this in between taking-out-the-trash and lawn-maintenance for a testosterone fix.

:laf:

I think 1 and 3 might be related somehow. ;)

Indubitably! Though 3 happens sometimes when I'm feeling "d" "u" "m" dumb.