Sign in to follow this  
Trid

Blasphemy

<sigh> O'doules of whisky.

I rarely drink whisky and I won't buy this. I don't have room for nonsense in my closet.

I'm with you on this Trid. Pooh pooh!

On the bright side, it's okay for muslims. :twitchsmile:

Where's my fricking soapbox when I need it?

My kids, being of legal drinking age, prefer real booze not amber colored pooh.

I can see/hear it now.......here kiddies, try this and when you're older you can have the real thing.

You can look like a grownup. Wheeee!

Screw that!

Oh lord. Where to start...

Virtually every paragraph in that article contains something abjectly offensive in it (even to a non-drinker)...

"ArKay also represents a new option for women, teen and other non alcoholic beverage drinkers."

-So, women are not alcoholic drinkers?

-So, teens (who, of course don't drink...) are now to be encouraged to drink something that looks and tastes (yeah, right) just like scotch?

-So, the on-the-wagon teetotalers are supposed to get that 'taste' on their tongue, and this is supposed to help them?

It's Halal... so I am just guessing that all the observant Muslims are just going to flock to it, right? Right... Something tells me Muhammad didn't intend for Muslim's to try to subvert The Law like that.

Anyone else just wanna choke them right now?

"Newly appointed CEO, Donna Katz, will be in charge of the U.S. operations. Katz is the youngest executive to be appointed as CEO in the liquor industry in the USA"

...to me, translates as "inexperienced patsy to take the fall for a bad idea gone worse."

I feel compelled to say that it just seems so horribly wrong on so many levels, I kinda want to find out just how bad it tastes (or will taste as production isn't supposed to kick off until April). Kinda like the morbid curiosity of what KOSG tastes like.

Gee, if you don't want to/can't drink real whiskey, there are only what .... five *billion* other things you can drink! I sincerely hope that no one buys this stuff and the idea FAILS.

"The non alcoholic ArKay whisky tastes and looks exactly like traditional Scotch Whisky."

That's the same kind of claim Guinness made regarding lager and Kaliber™ when they introduced that swill in the early 80s. :puke:

"ArKay also represents a new option for women, teen and other non alcoholic beverage drinkers."

-So, women are not alcoholic drinkers?

Who are you callin' an alcoholic? :wave2: