Everyone's reaction to my mentioning of absinthe almost always recieves gasps of horror, as if it is worse than smack. Everyone around here in Indiana, aside from a couple adventuring friends of mine has an absolute disdain for it. Since most people only have second hand knowledge and lies floating inside their heads it is no wonder to see how pathetic they are when it comes to alcohol. The average beverage sold continuously is always the Bud light, a horrible tasteless awful beer in my opinon devoid of any flavour, yet it is a mainstay and the majority order it and appear to love it. True taste and appreciation of flavour is something few will have, or be able to work towards, and it is like life, it takes some patience and courage, and feeble and meek people tend to never sway towards that type of thinking. As I always will say to myself, it just leaves more absinthe for those of us who do enjoy the taste of something heavenly and divine. Let the sloth and the stupid have their cheap beers and leave the good boose to those who can appreciate it.

Honestly- they will learn/understand... or they won't.

Frankly, you will NEVER convince those who see it as something more then it is (drug-like, LSD-y, etc).

So stop trying.

Sadly, the bigger picture is that you will NEVER convince those that aren't interested in learning what's really going on (and this applies to a whole lot more than just absinthe).

Cool that you found this Forum, eh?

:arrr:

Ain't that the troof.

All of my friends who drink Absinthe are pretty well aware that it's not psychedelic, having ingested LSD themselves at one time or another. I mean come on, people. It ain't rocket science.

:laf: No kidding!

The first time I tried absinthe, back before I knew anything about it, I remember thinking, "Hey, isn't this stuff supposed to be dangerous?". Then I saw the proof on the bottle and it was, "Well, duh ...mystery explained!"

I'm a Fire Horse if you believe that Chinese Asstrology stuff. :laugh:

I'm a Water Tiger - a kinder, gentler tiger. :heart: :twitchsmile:

I'm also very fortunate that the majority of my friends and I have an unspoken pact of accepting each others eccentricities - sometimes without comment.

-- T

I'm a cute orange kitty.

Ask Doc. She met me in real life. She'll vouch for me.

Yup. A sweet little orange kitten, meaning no one no harm- that's me!

back in the day('92) I was getting my elbow tattooed and could feel it in the palm of my hand. That was when I decided it wasn't a placebo-based scam. :laugh:

I was kidding about the acupuncture, actually.

Too many old friends have had their various pains alleviated by it for me to be a skeptic.