Sign in to follow this  
Absinthe Ben

The HORROR...

It's just going to get worse before it gets better. People are going to try and rape absinthe as much as possible the more and more it becomes "discovered". It should be treated like wine--and I hate wine--but will be scarcely more than novelty vodka to most until it finally settles into its rightful place. Eventually. Hopefully!

That was more painful than Moulin Rouge.

Just watching that advert gave me a hangover only menudo can cure.

And I don't mean that Menudo.

Are you guys getting a hold of the "Absinthe Mix" that they are also trying to sell? It looks like it's a pre-louched mess in a beer bottle. Surely it must taste ridiculous.

And the 12 seconds of music that continuously loops with a nice break between each loop is enough to drive a man insane.

Edited by ZeeOhSix

Oh sweet jeebus no...I *have* some of that...

It was a gift from a friend who went shopping in Tijuana a couple years ago. It's comparable to La Fee.

They claim "This product contains strictly natural ingredients only. no artificial colorings, flavors or other chemicals are used." However the absinth looks horribly neon green. I doubt that any chlorophyll will ever make that color.

They claim "This product contains strictly natural ingredients only. no artificial colorings, flavors or other chemicals are used." However the absinth looks horribly neon green. I doubt that any chlorophyll will ever make that color.

Maybe it's the Soylent Green™ sourced from Chernobyl.

Total lie. I'm guessing the Mexican labeling requirements don't force them to include artificial coloring information, but it's the exact same color as La Fee which is loaded with artificial colors. I checked my bottle and it's as unnaturally green as it was when it was bought 3 years ago. Nature never knew colors like that.

Naturally you are all just too rigid on your definition of natural. I mean isn't antimony butter natural, and traditional? Really just because the coloring is made in a lab doesnt mean it's unnatural. they are just saving the living plants from having to give up their lives to color this fine beverage.

:sarc:

I hear a bar in Fargo ND may be buying a pallet of the premixed. Then they can put a carmel candy in the bottle after opening. Shake it up, and save the druken idiots from lighting theirselves on fire with their bassackwards czech ritual

:no-czechs3:

Jim

I just wanted to let the admins of the Wormwood Society know that the "Serving Absinthe" section is all wrong. As Absinth Mexico's website shows, the "ritual" is clearly performed by

"Preparing an absinth shot is as easy as

Fill one third of a glass with Green Fairy Absinth

Moist a spoonful of sugar with Absinth, light the sugar carefully with with a match or lighter.

When the sugar has melted, blow out the flame and proceed to stir it well with the Absinth in the glass.

Add two thirds of cold water and enjoy!"

And for the true purists that strive to be as true to the Belle Epoque Absinthe ritual as possible, they even suggest -

"But actually the real absinth ritual is to open the new Green Fairy Mix and enjoy moment with your friends."

Who would have known the pre-louched Absinthe in a beer bottle was so popular during the Belle Epoque. I guess we learn something new every day...

Edited by ZeeOhSix

Ironically, it would probably be easier to get that stuff into Manitoba, than, say, the Duplais line, or some other real absinthe. :dead:

Boy, am I glad I didn't see THAT before I got turned on to the Green Fairy...I'd still be drinking tequila (not that there's anything wrong with that!) :devil: