tayker

Do Not Try This At Home

Lucid and Clandestine do not mix. :puke:

However, I've mixed others before with successful results. Unfortunately I don't remember the secret ingredient.

YMMV

Yeah. Sometimes I'll have a little extra that won't fill a glass, so I mix it with something to get the ratio to where I like.

I'm crazy like that sometimes.

I've done that with the bottom of my Lucid and a bit of St. George. It was actually good, it was one flavor after the other, Lucid first and St. George second. I only did it that one time though and I wouldn't do it with better brands.

Although I'd never do this with brands I think are really top notch, I mixed Lucid and Pernod and came up with something better than each of them. Maybe that says something about both. Oh well... I'd rather have another glass of VP instead, or, at least when I get home from work!

Nice avatar Tayker. Is that Nixon?

Guilty.

I've mixed some Blanchette and Clandestine residuals that came out good. I know this will turn a few noses, but Eich and La Fee Parisian wasn't bad ... from what I remember. :twitchsmile:

(WARNING:not for the faint of heart) I have actually mixed Hill's with Green Moon...yet more evidence that two wrongs don't make a right. I guess I was hoping they might somehow cancel out each other's flaws...but then, what would that leave? (What can I say, I have an aversion to wasting $100+ on 2 bottles that won't get drunk...and still won't.)

They can always be used for educational purposes, bad examples!

There are new people coming to the forum every day and some will want a taste of something hideous. You'll be the hero. *devil grin*

The money is spent, you'll never get it back. Have fun with it. Your own private amusement park. *smile*

Cheers!

(What can I say, I have an aversion to wasting $100+ on 2 bottles that won't get drunk...and still won't.)

Perhaps you could sell them to this guy.

And baubel, I'm not sure if I should take you seriously there, but now I'm having visions of a "spiked" root beer float. Perhaps fortunately, I don't believe I currently have any bottles of absinth(e) that need to be clearanced.

-- T

(and the ice cream in the float is tying in with the vanilla notes I get from Un Emile Sapin.)

I wasn't completely serious. I was more experimental back in the day and I don't take NuPernod seriously at all. :laugh:

I can see it. Caffe corretto can be pretty good, and I've popped one or two Altoids liquorice into my coffee at work to simulate the experience. Brings a whole new meaning to "Curiously strong" ;)

Pardon my french freedom, but...

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT???

There, that's better. B)

If memory serves me right, this thread was started by simple experimentation.

Why the fuck did I do that? Curiosity. So what. I tried it. I offered my opinion on the matter. It was just an experiment, maybe not the best, maybe not ground breaking but the ingredients were at hand and I had the opportunity. I didn't tell anyone they had to try it.

Good or bad examples aside, didn't someone say something about educational purposes?

I was curious, and the tea was awesome.

Where would all these cocktails, coffees, and teas be if someone didn't experiment? :twitchsmile:

Where would all these cocktails, coffees, and teas be if someone didn't experiment?

I agree BUT it's a personal taste issue. Hey, there's peanut butter in my chocolate.*smile*

Cheers!