Derrick

Jade NO Available at DRINKUPNY

Duplais has been in my top 5 for a couple of years now and I'm a verte guy, so I'd personally go with either Duplais Verte or the Leopold if you want to hold off on the N.O. for a while. It is my second favorite Jade, though. Very good stuff.

If you're a blanche person, La Clandestine is definitely the way to go. It pisses over Kübler by miles...both of which are available from DUNY.

Heh, my bad in my earlier post. I've been told Marteau is $10 CHEAPER in WA.

I still say the 101 store is a pain to get to on the bus.

I've never tried NO either, and am looking forward to it.

I know. Wouldn't it be nice if absinthe were the price of Old Crow?

Come to think of it, I DO know where you can get Marteau for $10. Just go to Liberty, and Andrew will happily sell you a gless.

What would you good people say is the best absinthe DUNY carries?

IMO, N-O is the best absinthe DUNY carries right now, but at that price I'd rather buy Leopold Bros. I consider it of similar quality. It's just a matter of taste.

I love N-O too. It's my second favorite mersh. I'm not asking for rock bottom prices here, but I think $110 is a bit excessive. I also think that it's more relevant to compare different absinthe's of similar quality when doing cost/drink ratio's than to throw in entirely different spirits. I don't drink fine wine, personally. I think Marteau is a good comparison point. I consider $90 a fair price for a high end absinthe. It's it pricey? Yes. Excessive? Not in the least bit, IMO.

If the N-O was $90 I'd jump on it without hesitation. At $111 I'll probably grab 1 bottle just for use in Sazerac's and the occasional taste.

If it's similar to leopold then it must be good. I really liked the leoplod, i'll probably end up trying something else DUNY has instock instead of the N.O..

Although i will most likey end up with a bottle N.O. just because i've never had a jade.

You won't be disappointed by either. Still, I prefer Duplais. Don't let me sway you, though. Both the Leopold and Duplais are excellent absinthes. My personal preference just falls on the Matter offering...it's more earthy while the Leo is more herbal. Though the Leo has this really great kind of butterscotch thing going on.

Hell, I don't know. You'll be great with either!

The N-O isn't similar to the Leopold Bros. at all in terms of taste and actual characteristics of the drink. In fact I haven't had anything similar to the N-O. I mean it's just similar in the level of quality. I'd say the same thing about about the VP, VC, and Obsello, even though I don't care for it. They all seem to be well crafted, quality offerings. That's why I no longer think it's feasible to charge that much more for the Jades. There's so much hooch out there now of comparable quality for half the price.

But like OMG said... it's worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. If the demand is there, then there's no reason to lower the price.

What would you good people say is the best absinthe DUNY carries?

IMO, N-O is the best absinthe DUNY carries right now,

I'm inclined to agree...NO is certainly right near the top, along with VP and Marteau.

I think my next DUNY purchase will be La Clandestine, though...I've heard so much about it and I enjoy a blanche now and then as a change of pace.

CLB will be a good choice. It's certainly one of the best Blanches I've had the pleasure to sip.

It is a top shelf absinthe.

Cheers!

You guys are making me try and justify another purchase at DUNY. I think I'm down about $450 in Absinthe in the last 2 weeks alone. And now I'm trying to talk myself into an order of Vieux Pontarlier and Jade NO. Hey you only live once right?

-Nathan

Unless you're a cat.

Oh, that lucky feline in that poster, lapping at a glass of fine pre-ban.

Imagine having nine lives to thus indulge! :dribble:

I for one, am thrilled my cat doesn't like absinthe.

I spend a lot (for me) on absinthe too, but that and cocktail ingredients are my only expensive hobby right now. The friends I know that are into restoring cars, for instance... absinthe looks cheap compared to that.

Today one of my coworkers said, "In Rhonda's dream house, all the walls are lined with bottles of absinthe."

Like Nathan said, you guys are making me justify another DUNY purchase! Definitely the VP and one other to get the free shipping. Decisions decisions!

Probably, you shouldn't adopt me.

Nor anyone else on this forum. Unless you want to collect empty absinthe bottles.

I spend a lot (for me) on absinthe too, but that and cocktail ingredients are my only expensive hobby right now. The friends I know that are into restoring cars, for instance... absinthe looks cheap compared to that.

Today one of my coworkers said, "In Rhonda's dream house, all the walls are lined with bottles of absinthe."

Sounds like a nice house! :thumbup:

Unless you're a cat.

Oh, that lucky feline in that poster, lapping at a glass of fine pre-ban.

Imagine having nine lives to thus indulge! :dribble:

Can cats swish? :fork: