Sign in to follow this  
thetripscaptain

This is your captain speaking.

Hello everyone! :cheers:

I've been interested in Absinthe for years now and have just recently been able to try some. A few months ago I was in europe and made the mistake of buying some real junk from a liquor store... tasted like bad vodka with licorice candies added. So my first Absinthe experience was not so good, BUT I recently stumbled upon Drink Up New York (which I see from reading that you guys already know about) and their collection looked respectable so I decided to buy this one:

La Muse Verte Absinthe Traditionnelle

Now I'm no expert on Absinthe but I like it. Primary flavors are the star anise and wormwood. I'll be interested to hear some veteran's opinions on it... I tried to find a thread on it in the brand reviews section but didn't see one.

peace_smiley.gif - thetripscaptain -

Edited by thetripscaptain

It's certainly not the best

It's definitely the best macerated absinthe I've ever tasted, though certainly quirky.

Greetings, Captain! :cheers:

Greetings and welcome! Drink Up sells a number of tasty beverages, you'll do well if you just spend some time here reading up on the threads devoted to each of their offerings. I myself am a fan of the Marteau, the Clandestine La Bleue, and the Vieux Pontarlier, and the Leopold Bros, Obsello, and Kübler are highly regarded as well.

Welcome again, Cap'n!

plantbiggrin.gif

Thanks for the welcomes guys. So, I didn't do too bad with the La Muse? I found it to be tasty... like I said though I have nothing to compare it to. Anyone got a suggestion on a better choice? I've got alot of review threads to read through before I choose my next bottle... after a really quick glance these two look promising:

Marteau Absinthe de la Belle Epoque

Leopold Bros. Absinthe Verte

...yes?

Welcome captain.

I can say without a doubt that the Leopold Bros is great. I'm waiting on my Marteau to come, but I hear good things about it.

Ahoy! Careful now matey, some of the brands here (and abroad) will still make ye sea sick! :arrr: Stick with us and it will be smooth sailin'! Le Tourment Verte is worse than the bottle 'o rum with the mold on the cap!