• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Alan Moss

Alan Moss

absinthe-suisse.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

Tell the marketing people their spammers couldn't even spell the product name properly.

I think that was a deliberate part of their strategy to try to fool the bloggers.

The whole episode has in fact become part of the brand's DNA, with a mention in the brand's Wikipedia entry.
www.laclandestine.com: Hand-crafted in the birthplace of absinthe.

#62 Heavy Harpoon

Heavy Harpoon

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:06 AM

That's true though, you also see those spammers on youtube, like four in a row sometimes, and they spell Le Tourment Vert all in caps. There is also that video of the absinthe frappe at the old absinthe house where you can here the guy go: ''Is that torment, is that the best?'' as the bartender sets the sugar on fire. We live in a sick sick world. :thumbdown:

HH
HH

#63 pt447

pt447

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, so I got around to trying LTV tonight. It's basically liquid poop flavored with mouthwash. Quite undrinkable; so much in fact that I poured out the rest of the glass after a few sips. It's vile!

#64 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,254 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

You are certainly generous with your review. *smile/wink*
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#65 pt447

pt447

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

You are certainly generous with your review. *smile/wink*

I'm not sure what else to say. It does not louche. It smells like generic mouthwash. It tastes like a peppermint candy that was rolled around in camel crap. And it's freakin' blue!!!

#66 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,254 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

Reviews, read reviews. If I tell you the stove is hot, you can bet your ass the stove is hot. It's all good and that's how we learn. You can now educate the masses with absolute knowledge of that product.

Good job!

Cheers!
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#67 Bluewolf Pete

Bluewolf Pete

Multifunctional items are definitely favored

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

I was enlightened today with regard to the niche Le Tourment occupies.

The clerk at the State Store where I was buying Voyager told me that this was her favorite absinthe, "because it doesn't taste like black licorice". That, and "the peppermint finish".

:fork:

If you want thujone, fuck off and go eat sage ~ Ron

"Let's louche these bitches up and party!" ~ Fingerpickinblue

#68 pt447

pt447

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:00 PM

And this could be where absinthe is headed. It might end up being like vodka to a large portion of people in that you can have blueberry vodka, lemon vodka, vanilla vodka, etc., but they're all vodka. Of course, if distilleries don't put out this swill it won't get to that point. It's pretty much up to the responsibility of the distiller to keep to tradition and not opt for the quick buck off ignorant consumers!

#69 Heavy Harpoon

Heavy Harpoon

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

Well the thing is, Vodka is pretty tasteless to start with, so if one puts vanilla or lemon or blueberries in it, those are the flavors that'll stand out. But with absinthe, as long as the Holy Trinity is there, I don't really mind if they get creative with the flavors. As long as it tastes good, I'm not complaining.
HH

#70 Boggy

Boggy

Delusions of Competence

• Canned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

a large portion of people in that you can have blueberry vodka, lemon vodka, vanilla vodka, etc., but they're all vodka.

those are the flavors that'll stand out.

Hence, they are called flavoured vodkas and although some are good on their own (from the newest offerings I highly recommend Wyborowa Rajskie Apple and Klapsa Pear), their purpose is for mixing.
Surviving the attacks of mentally-deficient creatures of the dark and carrying on (since 1999).

[Ironically, 1999 is the year the Dunning-Kruger effect was first advanced. - Admin]=

#71 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Founder

• Root Admin
  • 11,386 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

I was enlightened today with regard to the niche Le Tourment occupies.

The clerk at the State Store where I was buying Voyager told me that this was her favorite absinthe, "because it doesn't taste like black licorice". That, and "the peppermint finish".

This is my favorite sushi, because it doesn't taste like fish. That and the bacon finish.

Posted Image

Maker of Marteau Absinthe and Foxtrot London Dry Gin

Please don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and consider a subscription donation.
Every bit helps the further development of the site and future events.

#72 pt447

pt447

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

That's hilarious!!!

#73 Wren

Wren

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

EDIT: Post deleted for banality.
“The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”  -George Carlin

#74 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,283 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

Killjoy. ;)

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#75 Wren

Wren

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:46 PM

Touché.
:closedeyes:
“The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”  -George Carlin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association