Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

Oregon Wild Wines produce some interesting fruit and herb wines...

http://www.enjoywildwines.com/

They do indeed good sir! Wild Wines owner Carla and I were both recently at an industry event in Washington. Unfortunately I was too busy pouring absinthe we missed the opportunity to chat and I missed the opportunity to sample her wonderful product line. However, she recently reached out and we are now trying to work out a time to visit each others operations under the guise of play date for our 2 year old's!

Do you ever have the time to walk someone through the new place? I've been toying with the thought of a drive to CJ.

No stress, no pressure, no timeline, its just been a long while since I've taken a drive in that particular direction.

Also, you most likely know more of Ore. booze regulations than I ever will, so my ignorant self will ask, may one purchase straight from you at the distillery? (if one manages to be lucky enough to visit) Or must one hit a retailer?

In any case, hoping all is well.

Dang it, sorry Hedonmonkey, it has been a while since I have visited the forums. I could absolutely make some time to walk you through the new place if you are still interested. In fact, it's funny I chose today to login to the forum. I literally this morning submitted the paperwork to the state to acquire the privilege of offering tastings and selling product directly from our distillery. We are actually only doing this as a necessary first step to be able to sell product at various events we will have a booth at this summer. We actually live 3 hours away from Cave Junction in Bend, and ultimately have little intention of actually having many visitors or selling from the distillery itself. That being said, I'd be delighted to coordinate a visit with you and anyone else that would be interested. Just so happens in a couple of weeks we will even have Oregon's blessing to do so.

Club soda with lime. Overdid it last night.

We actually live 3 hours away from Cave Junction in Bend, and ultimately have little intention of actually having many visitors or selling from the distillery itself.

Yeah, I kinda figured with that being the case, it would be a "get there when we're there and we might be able to carve out some time" type of thing. B)

No worries.