Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

Wonderful news! Yay!

Whew! We have been swamped this year but the news is all good. Along with too many personal issues to address, I am delighted to announce that Vilya Spirits has moved to Oregon. The change in DSP required by the relocation means production has slowed down but the stills are hot again. Our absinthe (and other products) will remain handcrafted, small batch as always. With the shift to Oregon, the distillery will be under the careful watch of Doc Jaz. Don't worry. Doc Jaz is more than a trusted friend but beloved family member for 20 years. He was with us from the beginning and he gets it.

Julie and I are still growing and wildcrafting the herbs. Jaz is taking Vilya to the next level and we are excited to see where he takes us. Please expect extraordinary dedication and an expanding line of products. Vilya is very healthy and the future is very bright. :cheers:

Wonderful news! Where in Oregon exactly or still working out the logistics?

Wonderful news! Where in Oregon exactly or still working out the logistics?

Cave Junction! It's a beautiful area surrounded by wine producers. I wonder if that might prove useful? ;)

Updates from Oregon for the wonderfully supportive WS members:

The twins (Gin and Absinthe) have settled in nicely to their new surroundings.

50+ cases of Silvertip bottled and ready to move.

Vilya Absinthe Formulas: APPROVED! AGAIN! JUST TODAY! :thumbup:

We were fairly confident in formula approval (AGAIN!) and therefore, we have about 12 gallons of Verte resting. :secret2:

Vilya Absinthe COLA's submitted a few hours ago. TTB's website says it's currently taking about 29 days for label approval (AGAIN!)

We should be boxing up absinthe early next month! :cheerz:

Edited by Jaz Torres

Most states don't allow distilleries to ship to private customers although I'm not up to speed on Oregon's regulations. We couldn't in Montana but I've noticed that regulations in many states and at the federal level are relaxing a bit.

Do you ever have the time to walk someone through the new place? I've been toying with the thought of a drive to CJ.

No stress, no pressure, no timeline, its just been a long while since I've taken a drive in that particular direction.

Also, you most likely know more of Ore. booze regulations than I ever will, so my ignorant self will ask, may one purchase straight from you at the distillery? (if one manages to be lucky enough to visit) Or must one hit a retailer?

In any case, hoping all is well.