Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

holy crap, that's some serious beard representation there.

No doubt. I always wondered whatever happened to Yukon Cornelius.

rudolph_yukon_cu_shocked.jpg?w=300&h=225

Looks like he's alive and well on the Island of Misfit Toys.

Congratulations to the bride and groom. :groupwave reversed: :cheerz:

And holy crap, that's some serious beard representation there.

I'm lobbying to make it part of the dress code 'round these parts.

I am SO EXCITED about this! (Anyone care to guess what this rare herbs is?)

th_FirstFlower_zpsb64b0b36.jpg

We're getting better and better at this whole herb thing. :biggrin:

Thanks everyone!

Congrats to you both! And holy crap, that's some serious beard representation there.

Thanks! I tried but the Mother-In-Law said I needed to be clean shaven for the festivities.

Congratulations Joe, on the angelica. I hope you got a phone number after all that effort.

Edited by baubel

Hah!

Grand Wormwood harvest is in full swing and it is a beautiful crop. If we had a little more rain, we could easily score a second harvest.

th_BitterBaby2_zps21d9b47a.jpg

th_Wormwood2014_zps9fbdaa98.jpg

What they said.

Well I am really kicking myself in the arse now because I could have ordered some Vilya and maybe a Delaware Phoenix selection from Catskill and had it shipped to our family place here in Montana.

Maybe I should get some of the wormwood growing along Rock Creek so I won't go back to Texas empty handed!

My Vilya verte showed up yesterday from Catskills with the batch number worn/smudged off :o

They are out of stock now so must have been their last shipment... good guess as to the range of batch numbers it may be, Mr. Legate?

Just for fun (we all need more fun, right?).

th_LadyLissKissposted10-5-14_zpsac9f067e

A dear photographer friend and a local model friend teamed-up to make a Vilya-inspired photo series. The results are great fun and some are quite beautiful.

Julie will be posting many of the photos on her Vilya Spirits Facebook page over the next few months.

I am delighted more than words can say to announce that Vilya Spirits is expanding!

As our workload has increased (much like my age), it has become increasingly obvious that Jules and I need help (the jokes are also obvious). Allow me to introduce our Production Manager, Jazper. Doc Jaz has been with us from the beginning, spending countless hours helping us develop our original formulas for absinthe and gin. He has an eye for excellent quality booze and is a dear and trusted friend. With Doc Jaz keeping tabs on consistency and quality, you can expect more exciting things to come while giving Jules and I a much needed break. I foresee time with my flyrod, grandchildren, herb garden and sharing more delicious beverages with so many of my friends here at WS. What's not to like about that? :cheers: