Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

Whether this will go to our distributor or remains in Montana is out of our hands. As soon as I get a label on a bottle or two, I'll be sending it post haste to Virginia in hopes of selling them on our new product. Honestly, I really don't think it will be a problem. :devil: I'll post a heads-up as soon as it leaves Montana.

BTW, it makes a pretty damn good Montana Aviation.

Why yes, suh. I do declare we'd like that notice of intent for the state of Virginia.

I brought a bottle of Vilya Blanche to a tasting event in NY last week. I wanted to report that it was loved by all. I have to say, it was really delicious, and the wormwood was staggeringly good. Also shared with the attendees were Vieux Carre, Vieux Pontarlier, and Duplais Verte, which the owner of the establishment purchased through Catskill Cellars. We got quite a few absinthe virgins very interested that night, who I suspect, will be buying more. Nice work Joe and Jules!

I gotta tell ya, the good people here keep me pretty excited about the whole thing. That's no lie.

After waiting for months and months, we finally started bottling our first new product in (literally ) years:

WHLBottleshot_zpsdf769702.jpg

30 cases leaves for the state warehouse tomorrow. Happiness ensues.

There are several online vendors that carry our products (our favorite is still, Catskill Cellars) but none in Montana. So, if you happen to know someone in Montana willing to do a little private shipping of Huckleberry liqueur, that would be the best bet. We expect it to be on the store shelves by Thanksgiving.

There are a couple of Huckleberry bottles leaving Montana today for our distributor in Virginia to sample. I am pretty confident, they will be excited to add our liqueur to their portfolio. I'm hoping Catskill Cellars, DUNY, et al... will have it in time for Christmas stocking stuffers.

I recall when we were out your way, we stumbled on a little roadside store that had everything huckleberry, including ice cream.

As far as your creation, a couple bottles need to be in stockings over here... I'm pre-ordering from Julie!

Edited by Scott M.

Playing is such fun. Julie calls it a "Hucklebear."

1 1/2 oz Silvertip Gin

1 oz Wild Huckleberry Liqueur

Orange twist

Over ice with a big splash of ginger beer.

th_Hucklebear_zpsf45c0f73.jpg

Chatted up a local shop about wildcrafted absinthes and they were really excited to try to get some Vilya in stock. One guy was unfamiliar with the product, the other guy was familiar with it (and said "their blanche is the best blanche") and they're going to try to get them in the shop (even went and pulled out their purchasing guide and found you guys). They're not currently selling any other absinthes, so that's exciting. :holiday:

Chatted up a local shop about ... the other guy was familiar with it (and said "their blanche is the best blanche") :holiday:

The Ridge blanche is very good…it has become my "go to" blanche, as it holds its own with the best of VdT, which I no longer drink in any case. The Ridge verte is also good…it reminds me a bit of the Roquette, although it is perhaps more restrained.

Joe, if you ever were of a mind to make a verte more along the lines of the Roquette, I think there would be a market….