Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

It's a problem, sorta. I could 'up" our filter and get rid of that bit of flocculate but I like the flavor better with a more coarse filter. When the filter starts to get tired, the flocculate becomes noticeable and the color changes a little faster, too. I'm with Songcatcher, that last glass is always my favorite.

I'm working on what will be the last few batches of "Ridge" before we completely become Vilya Spirits with the TTB's final blessing. Like a good glass of absinthe, these batches are bittersweet. All the times I've said this have never been more true, your kind words mean so much more to us than you can possibly know.

I had my first commercial encounter with le singes de mer on my last batch. I fretted over it for about five minutes trying to decide whether to re-filter it or send it out. There was nothing wrong with the flavor, or anything else, and I knew it would settle in a couple of weeks, so out it went.

It has been a big day for us at Vilya Spirits.

At long last (a mere 90 days, actually), the Feds gave us their official approval for VILYA SPIRITS. There is not a distillery named Ridge any longer. Other than completing the last of our contracts with our wonderful (and patient) distributors, our time working with the Ridge label is also quickly coming to a close.

In a related note, we had drinks this evening over a planning session with the band for Tommy. Soon, they proclaimed themselves the official band for Vilya Spirits (drink will do that). Now we have a band and I felt compelled to give them a little swag, right?

Band1_zps78536fd1.jpg

Nice caps?

Band_zps39814b69.jpg

Evan and I commented on looking forward to getting the new shirts. He's worn his Ridge shirt down to a pulp. :headbang:

Congrats! Yay! Well deserved. I'm extremely happy for you! So proud.

So the Ridge Verte hoodie I got from Attack Accountant is now a collector's item?! The sentimental worth just keeps on mounting.

Grim, I thought of you when I sampled a little apple-cherry proto last night. The louche was so thick, a straw would stand up straight in it. This might well go on sale in Montana as a very limited release.

You guys all just floor us with the kind thoughts.

Anyone wanna catch our band, Trucidation on the 26th with us? A little heavy metal is always good for the soul. :headbang:

Ridge Verte, late afternoon sun, on the front porch swing. This is really good stuff. It's been open for a couple months now, and the aroma has deepened, revealing a rich and full anise that is mind-blowing. Nice work guys. I'll be buying a bottle this weekend from Julie at the Catskills event! BTW, the photo does not do justice to the color, with the sun hitting it; in person, it's literally glowing.

Ridge.jpg

Ridge Verte, late afternoon sun, on the front porch swing...it's literally glowing.

Ridge.jpg

And it doesn't appear to be that radioactive shade of 1999 Mary Mayans, either.

I'd definitely hit it! :thumbup:

1 day later, same porch, same absinthe, same conclusion. This bottle is the best commercial American verte I've had, and rivals my 2 or 3 favorite French vertes. Whatever you did, please keep it coming.

Yeah, there are a few little glitches and twitches we're aware of and want to change but we have our Girl Friday so busy, you'd think she was on payroll (As if anyone is. Nope).

I guess you'll just have to copy and paste if you to email Julie for the time being. ;)

Ridge Verte, late afternoon sun, on the front porch swing. This is really good stuff. It's been open for a couple months now, and the aroma has deepened, revealing a rich and full anise that is mind-blowing. Nice work guys. I'll be buying a bottle this weekend from Julie at the Catskills event! BTW, the photo does not do justice to the color, with the sun hitting it; in person, it's literally glowing.

Ridge.jpg

this is certainly next on my list. looks very inviting!