Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

Just saw a bottle of Ridge blanche on the shelf at a booze shop down in Hunt Valley, MD yesterday, listed at $59.99. Brought a tear to my eye. As did the bottles of Silvertip across the aisle.

I introduced some coworkers to absinthe (via a bottle of Ridge) at a holiday party last night. It was a rousing success. There may be new customers / consumers soon :)

You guys make me blush. Thank you.

Do you remember that cherry wine base I mentioned? Someone should stop by to give me their opinion on the latest R&D batch. I think it's pretty good. :devil:

Yes. We remember. I've been waiting for its production..:)

All things being considered, I think they'll be ok. I just need to replenish my own stash of domestic's (I need some Marteau, MoL, Pacifique etc) but in due time - I'm still setteling in here after some recent shake-ups and shake-downs on the home front. Most of those folks just seemed happy to have been told absinthe isn't something you light on fire and tripp ballz on.

Though the anti-fire icon on the back helps ["if its on the bottle it has to be official"].

You guys make me blush. Thank you.

Do you remember that cherry wine base I mentioned? Someone should stop by to give me their opinion on the latest R&D batch. I think it's pretty good. :devil:

If you guys weren't ballz deep in cold, I'd be up there in a heart beat. I can't skip out on this nice 60 degree weather though.

Had some of the "new herb" Verte for Repeal Day. The bottle was opened last month and at that time I couldn't taste much of a change. But last night, wow! Absolutely incredible taste. Keep up the good work!

That's what I said. Funny now that my recent purchase is of vintage Verte, I'm happy because it is a better 'winter' absinthe. I've been hitting the heck out of the vintage Verte.

I went back to my bottle of Ridge Verte last night after having opened and sampled it a couple of weeks ago. I must say it's a delicious absinthe, and the flavors that come through really make it unique among the other US and European brands in my small (but growing) collection. I've read elsewhere on this forum discussions by others about how the flavor of an absinthe can change once it has been opened and sits for a period of time. Even though it's been opened only a couple of weeks it seems to my taste buds that the Ridge Verte has mellowed ever so slightly without losing it's disitnctive flavors. At first I thought I was imagining this, yet I noticed something similar to another brand I opened, sampled and put away a few weeks ago. Very intriguing!

Yeah, I'm still making this same ol' crap. ;)/>

The website is in dire need of updating so it's no help.

Scheisse! I'll do it tomorrow. Have Jules email me all the latest!

You haven't missed so much here. Jules and Vanessa have painted Florida bl...I mean, green. Jules returns tomorrow and we have a lot of swill to make. It will be fun with the family rolling in and taking breaks to ride the snowboards. Ridge is busy and a happy place to be. :wave2:

Happy you're getting your Julie back home, followed shortly by the rest of the clan. Carpe diem. Carpe the hell out of it.