Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

Screw Florida. You can't jump the Kackalackas and end up further south!

Believe me, this has little to do with the producer's wishes some times. Take a look at Alan's blog with approved labels, and how many aren't in distribution or any significant distribution.

A few days ago I received a shipment of three different brands of absinthe, one of which is the Ridge Verte. I'm now sipping my second glass of the Ridge and I must say I'm very pleased with this absinthe. To Jules and Joe, well done! I hope to try a bottle of your blanche sometime in the near future.

Ambear is quite correct: Ridge products sporting a blue foil capsule would be from our best herb sourcing, yet. The herbs are either grown on the Ridge, purchased from an organic provider or wildcrafted from primitive areas of the Rockies..

Enjoying my first glass from one of these "new" bottles. All I could say is Wow! I mean I liked Ridge Verte before, but this stuff is stellar, Has there been a slight recipe change? This seems so much smoother and balanced. The louche appears not weaker but more refined, more opalescent. And the flavor seems more blended. With the alpine notes tuned down a smidgen. Whatever it is I love it. Good job Ridge folks. A very satisfied customer :cheerz: :worshippy: :heart:

Thanks man! That's both the curse and joy of small batch distilling. Just the slightest change in herb quality can make a crazy difference. We only want to get better of course and our current options whether organic, grown on the Ridge or wild-harvested in the Rockies really pays off.

Stop by. I have a couple of things for you to sip. :shifty:

Two green neck label Vertes just arrived from CC. Did I just get some old stuff? I liked the old one OK, but I really loved the last bottle I got from C&W which had a blue neck label. I guess I should have asked CC, since they usually keep stuff for a while.

Don"t let that disappoint you, Miguel. Jules and I stumbled across 2 cases of our older stuff a couple of months ago. We immediately put dibs on it! I know it seems weird buying your own hooch but we have been so tickled at how well it has "rested" (absinthe doesn't age, you fool!) that we couldn't resist the temptation. We're trying to save as much as we can but the flavors have become so smooth and rounded, it's hard for us to resist. I hope these new herbs perform so well.

Thanks for the support. You guys are all so fantastic. :cheers:

Yeah, I need to quit my bitching.
I didn't think that for nary a second. Hell, we made such a hullabaloo over the new herbs (yeah, we get excited), I'm delighted you're looking forward to tasting it, too. :cheers:

You are correct, sorta.

The blue shrink capsules would indicate a greater focus on organic herbs, wild-harvested and Ridge grown. However, the green shrink capsules still had an organic green anise, fennel and coriander AND the same Ridge grown Grand Wormwood and pontica. We were and are still using the same wild-harvested angelica seed, a variety specific to Montana.

The change allowed us to access organic angelica root, organic elechampane and organic melissa (coupled with our Ridge-grown melissa that quite frankly, kicks ass). I think the green anise is better but I'll leave that up to you to decide.

It seems like such a simple thing, doesn't it? Yet, I think these changes are definitely for the better. I'm excited to hear everyone's opinion.

Oh yeah, I think the Blanche and the Silvertip Gin is better, too. :dev-cheers:

OK, The bottles almost gone. And I will say... I'm a fan. Received three bottles, VP, Walton waters, and Ridge Verte. I'm a still a big noob, so no strings attached. The Ridge went the fastest. Just me drinking. No sharers. Love it. Walton Waters is Great too. But results are final. Yummy :holiday:

Yeah, I'm still making this same ol' crap. ;)

The website is in dire need of updating so it's no help. If Ridge is not available at your favorite store, tell 'em we're carried in California by the Henry Wine Group.

In other news, Ridge continues its slow expansion. This week we learned our distributor is moving Ridge products into Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Hmmmm, New England, Florida, Illinois, Arizona, California and Washington are Ridge green. I feel like we're starting a successful political campaign. :laugh:

I know that our state's third world levels of bureaucracy and graft make it difficult, but I'd sure love to see some of those fancy Montana bottles out here. :)

Besides the plethora in my cabinet. :cheers:

seems I need to support the local distillers here. I am still very new. Marteau Is on my list and now It seems I need to add Ridge as well. congrats on your success.

does drinkupny have your product for sale? I live In kentucky.