Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

Indeed, we made a very special proto using a (cherry) wine base. Initially, this may seem way out there but I can't express how excited I am by this idea.

Actually, it sounds like it would totally work. I can't wait to try it.

One other news of fun significance, Jules scored some very nice ink today. http://thehoochlife....en-to-absinthe/ She's hot. :heart:

Yes she did. Yes she is. :cheers:

We are absolutely swamped with Real Life shit and miss you good folks terribly.

12 - 16 hour days, six days a week with only Sunday left to play in the distillery. This breakneck pace should end in a couple of weeks.

Today, the stills were cranking out Silvertip and Ridge Verte. The fun thing is, Verte batch #43 was colored with only this season's pontica

and melissa. It was a very good season. Batch #43 is resting for the moment but should be heading to a liquor store near you before too

long. :cheerz:

Batch43.jpg

Gorgeous color, Joe. :heart:

Is Ridge available in Washington yet?

If so, I want to start heckling the beverage manager at The Market to stock it.

Wow that glass in the photo looks amazing. I have been alternating Ridge Verte and Pacifique all summer and decided to give the Lucid lurking in the back of my cabinet another go. Bad move. I dont know if I will be able to finish the bottle, and I HATE wasting money. You guys spoiled me. (Thanks)

Not sure if there are any other South Bay Area-ites on here, but if so, you might be interested to know that Whole Foods (at least the Cupertino location, which I usually visit) now has Ridge Verte in their "fancy spirits case". What a nice surprise that was to see last week!

I'm almost out of the verte!!! Mild panic starting to set in. Will wait one or two paychecks to get a bottle or two. Lovely stuff in the bottle at home.

Thanks, everyone for the kind comments. They mean so much to Julie and I.

Gorgeous color, Joe. :heart:

Is Ridge available in Washington yet?

If so, I want to start heckling the beverage manager at The Market to stock it.

Tell your beverage manager that Ridge is distributed in Washington by A&B Imports who also happen to carry another favorite absinthe of mine.

Will do. :thumbup: :cheers:

Thanks, everyone for the kind comments. They mean so much to Julie and me.

Sorry, just doin' my job, buddy. :police: :laugh:

Edited by Absomphe

Beautiful Joe!

Tell your beverage manager that Ridge is distributed in Washington by A&B Imports who also happen to carry another favorite absinthe of mine.

Haven't you told some clown that about four billion times already?

Maybe once, but that was before Ridge actually was available in this state, so it kinda went in one eye, and out the other. :pirate:

Edited by Absomphe

Not sure if there are any other South Bay Area-ites on here, but if so, you might be interested to know that Whole Foods (at least the Cupertino location, which I usually visit) now has Ridge Verte in their "fancy spirits case". What a nice surprise that was to see last week!

Great tip. There is one place in SF that carries it (that I know of), but I work in the south bay so it's good to know that Whole Foods in cupertino has it.

Edited by abaxial

To the far east we are in the mid-Atlantic states and Florida. Not Virgina or the Carolinas unfortunately. But our distribution seems to be creeping ever onward so perhaps one day...

To the far east we are in the mid-Atlantic states and Florida. Not Virgina or the Carolinas unfortunately. But our distribution seems to be creeping ever onward so perhaps one day...

Screw Florida. You can't jump the Kackalackas and end up further south!