Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

Y'all need some of them AK garbage cans for them bears. Thankfully for my city boy ways, possums, coyotes, moccasins, and racoons, are the usual pests here. Gators stick to established waterways, so the are less of an issue.

How was the camping trip?
Not nearly enough fishing or angelica but the night sky in the Spotted Bear Wilderness really was epic. Occasionally, it's good for the soul to see how magnificent the Big Sky really is and how insignificant we are. :cheers:

Just polishing off a glass of Ridge Blanche. It's a bottle I picked up about a 8 months ago, opened, had a glass, and left until tonight.

It's really good, and one of the most unique blanches I've had; there's a lot going on here.

I'd really be interested in trying a newer batch from those new alembics!

Joe, I picked up a bottle of Ridge Verte a couple of weeks back and just wanted to say well done! Particularly what appeals to me is the 'fullness' that this one has --nice and big. Also noteworthy is, while the balance of all of the elements seems 'just right' one can still find new things with each sip --never boring -- good stuff :)

Cheery cherry news?

Indeed, we made a very special proto using a (cherry) wine base. Initially, this may seem way out there but I can't express how excited I am by this idea. Production (if it bears out) would be limited to only a very, very few cases. We colored the proto today with intentions of getting the initial feedback by next week. There are a few (mostly connected to GAAF '12) that tried the first proto. They might be willing to confirm the possibilities of this special little treat.

One other news of fun significance, Jules scored some very nice ink today. http://thehoochlife....en-to-absinthe/ She's hot. :heart:

Confirmative, affirmative, deliciously want more of it! :)

You betcha!

At first I thought Jules got a tattoo. :laugh: But that is a nice write up. I've learned a thing or three from Jules on this fora. And FB, assuming she is the one writing for Ridge on FB.

The cool thing about the article is, Jules finally got credit in writing for what she does (actually, this is the second time). She's a fine distiller and deserves as much credit for what happens at Ridge as anyone.

God damn, that sounds awesome!

The initial protos were pretty fucking amazing, if I say so myself.

And FB, assuming she is the one writing for Ridge on FB.
I can assure you, she is. I have never posted on this FB thing.

It totally works (and then some), trust us on this. ;)

I've missed you damn fools...

Maybe not the place to bring this up, but what the hell happened to Absomphe's avatar for a hot minute? Christ, I leave for a year or so and the old man starts eating babies.

Some people. Sheesh.

I've missed you damn fools...

Likewise! Good to see you back in the fold. Did you bring Tally with you? Butch is lurking around here somewheres...

Hi Ben! The cherry experiment is okay. ;) Life is extremely busy and good. Now that the herbs are harvested and stored it is time to focus on cooking again. I do love our copper!