Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

Thank you! I'm really excited about the blanche. I think we may have finally gotten it right. Time will tell. We are having a really good herb year too. I can't wait to go Angelica hunting. We've got some new (to us) wilderness areas to check out. Summer is filled with the promise of wonderful things.

Puts a big smile on my face, especially being able to visualize now. :) Very proud of you!

My wife and I have been enjoying Ridge Verte for a while now, and, thanks to a generous benefactor, we finally got to try the Blanche last night.

Considering neither of us is a particular fan of La Bleues in general, we were surprised how delightful Ridge Blanche turned out to be: it has a beautiful lavender-tinged louche and like RV has a rich, velvety mouthfeel and a complex but exceptionally well balanced flavor profile. For a verte lover, it has all the virtues of my favorite absinthes with none of the vices I find in most blanches.

It probably shouldn't have come as a surprise that if I enjoy one absinthe, I'll probably also enjoy the same distiller's other absinthes (I've rarely been disappointed with anything wearing a Delaware Phoenix or a Jade label), but a La Bleue I can love like the green stuff? Shocking! :shock:

I haven't been on here for awhile (that will change) but I would like to tell you the last ridge blanche that I tried was pretty dang good, not sure if it was the newest version. That wormwood, with its mint-like affinity, and of course the other surreptitious ones included add for a delightfully refreshing end to a hot and miserable day. My hat off to you folks at the ridge! :worshippy:

Just got my 1st bottle of Ridge Verte, only my 3rd absinthe ever, and love it. It seems to have kind of a delicate floral quality without being bland. Im going to have another glass while reading the reviews to see if I can pick out the details, then try my new bottle of Pacifique. Pretty sure when I decide to try a blanche it will be Ridge.

This thread makes me wish it were easier for me to get American absinthe. Though I am now able to get European absinthe delivered to my door, which is new for me, so I cant really complain.

I really want to try Ridge, and am one comment away from hopping in my car and driving to Montana. Its only an 11 hour drive... :dry:

:cheers:

Im going to have another glass while reading the reviews to see if I can pick out the details,
That's exactly how i do new absinthes. Compare the reviewers opinion with my own and see if i can find the aromas, flavors and characteristics im reading about. It's half the fun of the reviews.

I really want to try Ridge, and am one comment away from hopping in my car and driving to Montana. Its only an 11 hour drive...

If we lived that close, we'd be there every weekend. Guaranteed!

Make the drive and sign the wall. There may be a pic somewhere. Go for the record!

It's here! :yahoo: I'm not tasting it tonight, but I did open the bottle to have a sniff. Wow. I have to say, the aroma of this blanche is right up there with my all-time favorite vertes. Amazing for a bottle that has just been opened. Perhaps the lower ABV has something to do with that, but I imagine the way the herbs are balanced has a lot more. I can't wait to have a glass.

I noticed something that wasn't on the bottle of verte I ordered before; it has a slightly smudged number (#34?) in silver pen at the bottom right corner. Does that mean that this is an early bottle, or is it more likely to do with the store from where I purchased it?

Thanks again for all the kind words. That would be batch #34. Most bottles do not have batch numbers written on them yet. We are still tuning our labeling system and the help is under not paid. :blush:

I really want to try Ridge, and am one comment away from hopping in my car and driving to Montana. Its only an 11 hour drive... :dry:

Last summer, the liquor stores all called Joe and Jules to let them know one guy went into each store and bought every single bottle and case in stock. From all of them. I assumed it was an invader from Canadiastan.

We believe we met the culprit a couple of weeks ago. The father of a daughter of a friend of our nephew, they brought him to the distillery as a birthday surprise. He is a delightful gentleman of Canadiastan and welcome back anytime. He is also welcome to take as much of our booze back to Saskatchewan as possible. :laugh:

The father of a daughter of a friend of our nephew,

so your nephew's friend then? or maybe your nephews friends husband? (cant exclude the fact that his friend could be female)

:cheers: