Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

We should be there in a week from today and hopefully a bit earlier than right now.

I need to call the Grand.

See you real F'n soon. please hug the Angel for me and I hope all is well with the family.

Peace!

We are hard and heavy into herb harvesting. Jules and her mom are bringing in some beautiful pontica, genepi, melissa and costmary. No, I'm not helping. I'm in the distillery making booze! The herb fields remain chemical-free thanks to some very dear friends.

I have named the wild turkeys that are kicking ass on the grasshoppers, "Dupont." Yes, one name for the whole bloody lot of the bug-hungry bastards. :devil:

We have another friend that is doing his/her share, especially on the aphids. Please allow me to introduce you all to "Monsanto," hanging out in a Grand Wormwood plant.

Monsantosm.jpg

See? Aphid-free!

Please allow me to introduce you all to "Monsanto," hanging out in a Grand Wormwood plant.

I can't say I'm a fan of the name, but that is a brilliant picture. Kudos to whomever managed to capture that shot. It should be on next year's absinthe calendar.

That is freaking awesome. Does Monsanto even make roundup ready wormwood?

Edit:

"LABELED CROPS: Allspice, Angelica, Star anise, Annatto (seed), Balm, Basil,

Borage, Burnet, Camomile, Caper buds, Caraway, Black caraway, Cardamom,

Cassia bark, Cassia buds, Catnip, Celery seed, Chervil (dried), Chive, Chinese

chive, Cinnamon, Clary, Clove buds, Coriander leaf (cilantro or chinese parsley),

Coriander seed (cilantro), Costmary, Culantro (leaf), Culantro (seed), Cumin,

Curry (leaf), Dill (dillweed), Dill (seed), Epazote, Fennel seed (common and Florence), Fenugreek, White ginger flower, Grains of paradise, Horehound, Hyssop,

Juniper berry, Lavender, Lemongrass, Lovage (leaf and seed), Mace, Marigold,

Marjoram (including oregano), Mexican oregano, Mioga flower, Mustard (seed),

Nasturtium, Nutmeg, Parsley (dried), Pennyroyal, Pepper (black and white), Pepper leaves, Peppermint, Perilla, Poppy (seed), Rosemary, Rue, Saffron, Sage,

Savory (summer and winter), Spearmint, Stevia leaves, Sweet bay, Tansy, Tarragon, Thyme, Vanilla, Wintergreen, Woodruff, Wormwood."

That makes me sad.

Edited by optional

I'm sorry Greytail, I couldn't hear you over the sound of

Ah, but hey, in all seriousness, if there's a hell below, Monsanto et. al are all gonna go.

Not the snake, mind you :cheers:

Ah, but hey, in all seriousness, if there's a hell below, Monsanto et. al are all gonna go.
I'm happy to hear you guys zeroed in on the humor in the names. On the Ridge, even Monsanto and Dupont are chemical-free. ;)

...Monsanto et. al...

I have a really long list of things (people/corps.) to add to that if you'd let me, Jay B)

On the Ridge, even Monsanto and Dupont are chemical-free.
Sounds like Heaven to me, and that looks like a happy young garter snake. Edited by Songcatcher

...Monsanto et. al...

I have a really long list of things (people/corps.) to add to that if you'd let me, Jay B)

What do you mean, Mat? Don't you know that corporations ARE people? :devil: :puke:

I can't help but try to laugh about it, in order to stay sane, but... well hey, I really do have to stop there for now. It's hard to stem the gates of negative observations once they're open, and that's never a good thing for me to do when I'm drinking.

I'm onto some nice homemade sangria right now, but I started out the evening with a Ridge blanche, so it counts as "on-topic" for this thread, yeah?

Right on, Joe. I rarely make it up to Seattle these days (traffic is almost mythically terrible), but when I do, I'll keep a lookout for it.

Thanks, Jay (& Absomphe). A&B Imports will be handling our distribution in Washington. Ridge Verte, Blanche and Silvertip Gin should be available to order in the next week or two. A mention to your favorite store and watering hole is always appreciated. A&B Imports is picking up the entire American Still Life Collection from our distributor so hopefully, several interesting things will be available soon. :cheers:

It'll be great to see Ridge products at my favorite watering holes (and they will be there, because that's why they're my favorite watering holes). :cheers:

Gawd, it's sounds like I should plan a trip to WA. this fall.

It would give me a reason to go visit with my cousin who lives in Port Orchard.

Congrats on expanding your reach, team Ridge. :thumbup:

A mention to your favorite store and watering hole is always appreciated.

A local grocery chain here in Olympia called Thriftway carries Pacifique (and is the only Oly store I've seen since privatization to do so), so I'll drop a line about carrying Ridge (and Silvertip) as well.