Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

I can't see myself not enjoying it, but I can understand a bit. Guess it would be like creating a nice dinner and waiting to see the reaction from the guests. That brief period where you are 99.9% certain they WILL enjoy it, but like all things, there has to be a bit of "uncertainty" to keep us humble.

Edited by greytail

You will love it, especially its ability to louche up. It will louche on a rock, it will louche on a box, it will louche if you wear socks, it will louche if you are wearing a frock, it will louche even if you are an ox. I find it to be my absinthe of choice in chilly weather. You can dump room temperature water on it, and it will louche right up.

Ridge is scheduled to make an appearance at my home tomorrow.

Mine as well. A month ago i was a naive(?) absintheusiast(?) with a bottle of crapsente and a website(WS). Now i have 3 bottles arriving tomorrow, Ridge verte, WW, Veiux Carre. Thank you to this wonderfully informative collective of well knowledgeable souls whom i love to visit everyday. :thumbup: Learning is fun

Edited by Songcatcher

What Bill said, Songcatcher. We strongly encourage new members to join in.

However, the added pressure my dear friends place on Ridge is humbling and a little unnerving, too. I sincerely want to live up to their gracious expectations.

Congrats Joe and Julie. You have yet another fan of your product on your hands now. :cheers:

Really enjoying the taste of the wormwood with this one. Very pleasant medicinal quality to it. I would describe it as "minty" reminiscent of juniper berries. As I breathe out through my mouth after a swallow I get a nice "camphor" taste. I like it.

Edited by greytail

Thanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm partial to MT A.a. but you probably couldn't tell from my avatar. In fact I can rattle on and on and bore you to tears talking about the herbs in our absinthe. Cheers!

Ah, I thought you were carrying in a bundle of Aa, but now I know you are hugging it. :)

There is a message there in those thick gloves you are wearing, so I wont be cozying up to Aa anytime soon.

I'll be glad to poke a fire and tell you how I work with A.a. and I'll be glad to talk to you about how I work with the twin stills but I'm not one for claiming to be an expert or writing books. I'm kind of shy that way, I guess.

Just finished off what remained of my bottle. :thumbdown:

Ordered a second through DUNY just now. :thumbup:

Top-tier stuff, Mr. Legate. It outshines my love for Pacifique, PF 1901, V.S. 1898, the Berthe de Joux (too minty), Butterfly (one trick pony), La Grenouille (too aromatic for me), Walton Waters, and pretty much every other absinthe I've sampled (Obsello, Mansinthe, Lucid, La Fee, Duplais, Vieux Carre, and Vieux Pontarlier).

Ridge Verte is my second favorite absinthe ever (which pretty much makes it my second favorite alcoholic beverage ever).

Merci, merci, merci! :cheers:

Edited by Alfred Jarry

will set traps for UPS man. I hope C&W shipped today as promised. I was too busy ogling the pretty announcement graphics to call during my breaks today.