Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

I see they also have the Douglas Fir eau de vie that I've been wanting to try for some time. I'll have to bug the hell out of them.

Hmm. Could you put a box together for me for when I get there? If you write "Baubels" or "Baubel's"...it'll work out either way. :twitchsmile:

I'll see if I can throw in a box of Good 'n Plenty with my surprise. :pirate:

Edited by baubel

Just ordered a bottle of verte from Caddell & Williams! Sooo excited to try this. Thanks for goin' West, Joe. Hopefully I'll get a chance to drive my Cannondale up to Kalispell one day and say hello!

It can be an excellent drive. Try to do Wyoming at night though, it looks a lot better then, and it doesn't really exist anyway.

I've heard that :paperbag3: . So all that about the American Autobahn was just a load of hooey?

Got a friend up in Kalispell who works as a border patrol agent in and around Glacier National Park. (Gotta keep those illegal aliens out, eh. Beauty.) Been trying to get him into absinthe, but all he drinks is Pendleton whiskey.

Now that's a fine whiskey .... Pendleton is our official drink after spending a day at a retriever test.

Then again, I've been known to bring along absinthe as well. :cheers:

Have I mentioned I love this absinthe? I really should add a review, but I've been busy building IKEA furniture for our new nursery! Little boy is arriving in early August, our second. Eep! Things gonna get crazy!

We'll be expanding alright! All the eats and drinks that are planned should take care of that.

Working from home this afternoon with my first glass of Ridge Verte. I can tell I'm going to need more than 1 glass to get to know this one, it's incredibly layered.

Will hit them up this weekend. The mistress of the bank account has allowed me some booze $$. It will be my long distance contrubution to y'all's meeting. Flying monkeys are used to delivering herbal goodness to my abode.

You're in trouble. I'm not a big fan of Blanches, and Joe's is wonderful. Just don't be disappointed when you try any other brands. :cheers:

I can count on less than one hand the number of blanches that I wouldn't mind regularly drinking. That's part to do with my preference for the green stuff, and partly to do with the quality of most whites.

I didn't have a single blanche at RMGH this year. I'm okay with that. I did however revisit Ridge Blanche last night and for some strange reason, the louche was a hell of a lot better than when I first tried it. Good going Team Ridge!

Edited by baubel