Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

Actually they sell three distilleries' absinthes, but overall, it's a nice group of makers to be associated with, especially if someone decides to do a side by side tasting...

Edited by pierreverte

Ordered the Verte from C & W. They were pretty stunned to get 2 mail orders for the same product "already this morning" (10:15 pst). :)

Ridge will be my #9

That's SO cool! :yahoo:

I'm trying to be patient for another month and just figure out a way to sneak a few bottles home from Montana. :twitchsmile:

What a circus!

The regional craft distillery section specializes in small orders for small batch distilleries. That's cool-- that's us. They rarely order more than a couple of cases at a time. I think they were shocked by the initial response, fer sure. :laugh:

Actually they sell three distilleries' absinthes, but overall, it's a nice group of makers to be associated with, especially if someone decides to do a side by side tasting...
Indeed. They host some first class distillers and we are honored to be listed with them.

I was cleared for booze consumption today. I was going to have something else, but the phrase:

fuckin Montana wormwood baby!!!!!
just changed my mind. :cheers:

Ah, you guys are too sweet. We make what we like and we're thrilled anyone shares our opinion.

A labor of love should never be confused for work. :cheers:

No I'm not too sweet. I'd stop at a respectful compliment if I thought it was solid but not notable. But this has a crisp herbal boldness that smacked me from the first sip. In fact I'm considering filing charges of semi-consensual herbal assault, but I'm not entirely certain what Montana law provides for.

We often discuss the favorable aspects of aged absinthe. I wonder if there are also some benefits to freshness when the botanicals are this good. This tastes amazingly fresh and vibrant, and damn if this isn't the most wonderful wormwood flavor. I've no doubt that it will age well, but I love tasting it so new, it's like a crisp morning when you've left a happy wife in bed to sleep in while you take a thoughtful walk along the Ridge and appreciate the world. It's a transporter to Montana in a glass. This is heartland absinthe. This is Ridge.

I gotta say I agree with the little fellow. He may have a pointy red hat, and drink a large glass of absinthe, but he sure summed up Ridge pretty well. I've missed this absinthe. :cheers: :yahoo:

Where can you buy Ridge? I looked, and looked online and could not find it, was wanting to buy one bottle yesterday, after reading the reviews. Thanks for any info.

Why, thank you for asking! :cheers:

Telephone orders shipped to most states can be made to FRANK'S UNION WINE MART (Delaware) 1-800-283-7265. They carry Silvertip Gin and Ridge Verte (Ridge Extrait d' Absinthe Verte). Frank's is getting a reputation for excellent and friendly service.

And now on the West Coast, Caddell & Williams carries all three of our spirits including Ridge Extrait d' Absinthe Blanche. While they report being "sold-out," I know for sure a fresh shipment is speeding their way

Ah, so it's listed under "regional craft spirits" not "absinthe" at Caddell & Williams. I've been checking their website for a few weeks and didn't clue in to that possibility. Too late for me to get a bottle to take to the boys in France, but I'll order one when I get back, if I still have any money left!