Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

Now if only the Washington state liquor stores will start carrying Ridge products, or at least one of the online sellers. I'll have to keep my eye on this thread to find out when that happens. :)

Unfortunately, Washington State claims they already have enough absinthe brands in their store inventory for now.

Hopefully this will change...

Unfortunately, Washington State claims they already have enough absinthe brands in their store inventory for now.

Interesting. Reminds me of a recent announcement by another state liquor control board...

Although what I hear is that technically you can special order anything (although you may need to buy a case of it). The 12th & E. Pine store in Seattle had some Mansinthe and Vieux Pontarlier in stock recently.

Well, that's not too bad, Pete. Here in Olympia there is Pacifique, Lucid, and maybe Grande Absente, and as I recall, in Vancouver there was only the Lucid and Grande Absente.

:dry: Likely as not, those of us in Washington state will end up having to order Ridge from whichever online supplier takes up the brand (and I hope someone does so soon, because I'm dying to try this). Especially since even if the local state store could order a case for me, I'd not be able to purchase an entire case.

For what's it's worth, I couldn't afford a case either!

I hope to make it to the Washington Coast before the snow melts in Montana. Maybe we can share a glass. :cheers:

Wheeeee! Hear is a start from the first two days of distribution. Hopefully someone can confirm online sales soon.

RIDGE DISTILLERY EXTRAIT D ABSINTHE VERT

GRAND CRU- BALTIMORE

BALTIMORE MD

LONGMEADOW WINES AND LIQUORS

HAGERSTOWN MD

I.M. WINE

FULTON MD

FRANK'S UNION WINE MART

WILMINGTON DE

RIDGE DISTILLERY SILVERTIP GIN

GRAND CRU- BALTIMORE

BALTIMORE MD

QUARRY WINE AND SPIRITS

BALTIMORE MD

LONGMEADOW WINES AND LIQUORS

HAGERSTOWN MD

I.M. WINE

FULTON MD

ACE BEVERAGE

WASHINGTON DC

FRANK'S UNION WINE MART

WILMINGTON DE

PAUL'S LIQUORS

WASHINGTON DC

WINE MARKET CAFE

BALTIMORE MD

WINE MERCHANT (LUTHERVLE)

LUTHERVILLE MD

EDDIE'S OF ROLAND PARK MARKET

BALTIMORE MD

FALLS

BALTIMORE MD

METROPOLITAN COFFEE & WINE BAR

BALTIMORE MD

GRAND CRU- BALTIMORE

BALTIMORE MD

QUARRY WINE AND SPIRITS

BALTIMORE MD

WINE MARKET CAFE

BALTIMORE MD

EDDIE'S OF ROLAND PARK MARKET

BALTIMORE MD

FALLS

BALTIMORE MD

METROPOLITAN COFFEE & WINE BAR

BALTIMORE MD

Baltimore! Nice! I can make that drive without breaking a sweat!

I hope to make it to the Washington Coast before the snow melts in Montana.

You and me both, Joe.

Hey, wait a minute, isn't there always snow somewhere in Montana? :laugh:

Live and learn...I called Longmeadow, as they have Sunday hours. The owner is a very nice man, and was happy to support Ridge. Sadly, shops in Maryland can't ship! :no:

Hopefully Delaware can.. I'll check into it this week.

Well, that's not too bad, Pete. Here in Olympia there is Pacifique, Lucid, and maybe Grande Absente, and as I recall, in Vancouver there was only the Lucid and Grande Absente.

Lucid in Canada! No way. :unsure:

Joe and Jules, I'd love to meet you folks if you make it out here to the Washington coast and join you for a drink. :cheers: If you're not familiar with the area, I'd also be happy to play tour guide. :)

Oh, we could strike that deal!

We love to visit the Seattle area but hope to eventually retire to the Washington coast. If Jules wins the lottery, I'd move to either San Juan Island or Lopez although Port Townsend has a pleasant feel to it, too. The worst case scenario would be on the Pacific Coast proper which isn't a bad place to be either. :cheers:

Don't worry, Absomphe, any Sparklepires in my neck of the woods won't last long. *racks a shell of TriBall into the 870*

Joe, if you do retire out here on the coast, I'd avoid buying property in Ocean Shores; the taxes and politcs here bite the big one, not to mention the fact that the water is utterly horrid (yeah, I made the mistake of buying here). There is some beautiful property up around the Lake Quinault area, as well as in North Aberdeen and Hoquiam in the Hoquiam and Wishkah river valley areas (just be sure the house is above the flood plain). In fact, I think you and Jules should move Ridge Distillery out here to the Olympic Peninsula long before you retire. :thumbup:

I love it when folks from the PNW talk about their neck of the woods, makes me nostalgic for our family vacations out there (north of the border, anyway). :cheers:

Joe, maybe you and Mr Stone could combine forces and create your own little absinthe empire on the coast. B)

Don't worry, Absomphe, any Sparklepires in my neck of the woods won't last long. *racks a shell of TriBall into the 870*

I like this noob! :laugh: :cheers:

Joe, maybe you and Mr Stone could combine forces and create your own little absinthe empire on the coast. B)
I can see some distinct advantages to that idea but I can assure you, Mr. Stone is much too wise to throw his hat into the ring with a hooligan like me. There is also that tiny issue of already having a profession that I love which makes moving for another decade or so, undesirable.

Maybe when Mr. Stone and I are as old as Absomphe, we'll launch a line of small batch artisan products from the comfort of our moving chairs. :wheelchair: :wheelchair: Jules and Ms Hiram will have a great time pushing us around. It's something they are already good at.