Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

It's too bad that darn state of N. Dakota separates us from Montana. Otherwise, I would say road trip. Over 8 hours just to get to Montana. :thumbdown:

The train is a relaxing way to travel. Your level of comfort may be different than mine though.

I need to make another trip to Montana and we just got back a couple weeks ago.

As for the Ridge verte, missed it by that much. ;)

I'm going to start rolling my spare change.......as if. :devil:

The Silvertip is a pretty nice gin.

As a younger human I used to see the local drunks and their pints or half pints of gin. My Dad told me that it was probably the cheapest and most harmful alcohol.

My Dad knew I had an addictive side. Anyway, I truly enjoy most of the different gins I've had. Each one seems to fit a niche.

Silvertip fit several of those things. A fine martini, gin and tonic, gin on ice, several cocktails and I need to secure more. :)

As for Silvertip, :thumbup:

O.O you must try gin. Gin straight, gin martinis, gin dirty martinis. So many good things.
Gin Gin Mule, Gin Riki, Gin Alexander, Obituary, Monkey Gland... Yummy stuff!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

I've been looking into modes of travel to MT. The math is suggesting I'll need to pick up 2 cases at a time to balance out the expense of actually getting there. (it's also suggesting that I just road trip it again too.) :)

Unless an unexpected windfall blows in, it will probably be the gathering in June before I can make that happen. :3869-sadbanana:

Too bad really, Joe gave me a taste, now I've really got a taste for it. ;)

All in good time.

(which reminds me, I've got a special edition of "Murder By Death" on it's way!!!) :yahoo:

:cheers:

Jules and I hooked up this afternoon with the semi transporting Extrait d'Absinthe Verte to the liquor warehouse in Helena. By next week, the first ever Made in Montana absinthe will be for sale in our liquor stores.

I feel like I should celebrate or something. :biggrin:

All the store has to do is order it from the State! Have your relative stop into the store and request it.

I feel like I should celebrate or something. biggrin.gif

Joe, what better way to celebrate the coming of All Hallows Eve than with a glass of Ridge fresh off the market shelf. Wish you and Jules could drive to California and talk to some of the stores here so I could join in on the celebration. Ya'll, and that includes everyone here in the forum producing wonderful absinthe should try distributing through Bevmo. :D Then there would finally be some quality stuff on the shelves at the local stores out here.

Jules and I hooked up this afternoon with the semi transporting Extrait d'Absinthe Verte to the liquor warehouse in Helena. By next week, the first ever Made in Montana absinthe will be for sale in our liquor stores.

I feel like I should celebrate or something. :biggrin:

Make sure you take a mental picture when you see it on the shelf for the first time, Joe!

You are now competing directly with some of the largest corporations in the world.

Congratulations!!

A mental picture? Let me introduce you to Mr. Canon EOS! ;)

I'm not out to compete with anyone. Not the big guys, not the absinthe makers in Europe and especially not the outstanding artists on this Forum. Several (like you, Todd) have helped us immeasurably and encouraged us from beginning to end.

:clap: I applaud you Joe, you are a stand up guy for true. But like it or not, I am sure your absinthe will compete on its own. :cheers: Now how about giving it a chance to compete over here in the S.F. Bay area ;D