Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

:twitchsmile:

I'm going to have to get back up there soon. I bet that thing warms the neighborhood up nicely on a cold winter day.

Wow. Some really great things have happened since last I checked here.

Congrats to you!!! :cheers: :thumbup:

About the water bath; have you abandoned the direct heating idea, or the use of gas as heat source? (Looks like electrical wiring going into it, if I'm not mistaken?)

You are as right as rain, Mindshifter. (And sorely missed around here, too).

Instead of making you sift through the Ridge blog: I opted for an electric water bath. Hydroelectricity is almost as cheap as anything else we have around here and far more "green" than any other option we have.

Gently applied, direct heat is fine for the small 30 liter still we use for R&D but I would be concerned about scorching the herbs in the larger still. The water bath just makes sense on too many different levels for us.

I'm just tweaking the formulas. Ain't nothin' going out until it's exactly like I want it to be. The verte, blanche and gin are so incredibly close but not quite there. So close... I tried the blanche last night while Jules tried the verte. If I may be so bold, they were both delicious but another tweak or two is in order, I think. Some days, I think the gin is closer than the absinthe. Other days, I'm not so sure.

I think I can also say with some confidence, I have one hell of an artist working on the labels. The verte label almost sent me post haste to the local T-shirt shop. As soon as the artist is ready, I'll ask him to post it here.

Of course! I was sitting here trying to figure out why baubel was opposed to gay labels.

That all depends on how phallic yer bottles are.

Of course! I was sitting here trying to figure out why baubel was opposed to gay labels.

"Twink Verte" or "Bear Blanche" sounds no worse than Mansinthe :devil:

I'm just tweaking the formulas. Ain't nothin' going out until it's exactly like I want it to be. The verte, blanche and gin are so incredibly close but not quite there.

Gin!? How did I miss a new gin? :thumbup: A Martini masters own gin, now that has gotta be a winner.

Congratulations J&J! The excitement is almost unbearable!

I am joining this party VERY late, but let me say that the pictures of the proto absinthe look amazing! The color and the louche seem spot on! I can't wait to order a couple bottles when it becomes available! Great work! :thumbup:

You guys are sweet. Really, everything is on track and moving well. It was only a year ago this month that we broke ground on the new building and launched into this new adventure. Everything is going just fine. :cheers:

As soon as the artist says it's ready, I'm sure we could release part of it as some of the company design work. What I've seen thus far, makes me absolutely giddy. I can't wait to order T-shirts. :laugh:

Don't forget the garden.

It is looking fine. Darn fine.

A.a. is underfoot everywhere.

A.p. is my favorite new chia pet.

The nursery plants are amazing.

Life is so wonderful right now.

Doing things right takes time.

I think it is worth it. :cheers:

Doing things right takes time.

I think it is worth it. :cheers:

My father use to tell me "If you aren't going to do it right then why even do it?"

Doing things right not only saves time, but is also more of an accomplishment in my book. Kudos! :cheers:

I can't wait to order a couple bottles when it becomes available!

Ditto!

:cheers:

Ummm Yeah!