Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

Aren't we missing the obvious pitchman here? Someone dig up Joe Montana from wherever he retired and slap his likeness on the label.

Now there’s an endorsement.

Alright Ron, for your next challenge, all I’m going to say is: “Say hello to my ‘lil friend!” Or, “Say hello to my petite blanche!”

Oh heck yeah! Pretty!

I promise we won't steal the Swiss flag or mountains, Pernod's hat, the Fonz's image or any of Claude's customers. We're gonna be so small-time, you'll never know we are around.

However, I will keep joking around. A bottle with a generic black and white ABSINTHE label is funny.

The ironic thing about flags is that the TTB doesn't seem to permit the use of the American flag, even by American companies:

"Labels shall not contain any statement, design, device, or pictorial representation which the appropriate TTB officer finds relates to, or is capable of being construed as relating to, the armed forces of the United States, or the American flag."

Just when I thought size didn't matter, 2000 feet gone slapped me in the face.

It would have sounded even less in meters (610).

Now there’s an endorsement.

Alright Ron, for your next challenge, all I’m going to say is: “Say hello to my ‘lil friend!” Or, “Say hello to my petite blanche!”

One Tony Montana, coming up:

tonymontana.gif

A bottle with a generic black and white ABSINTHE label is funny.

I saw a gift box of wine in the Class 6 on McChord AFB one time that had me in stitches. It was a pair of bottles with brown bag labels on each that said simply "Cheap Red Wine" and "Cheap White Wine" respectively. I'll forever kick myself in the ass for not buying them.

Edit: Found them!

the armed forces of the United States

Haha. Is that normally a concern? Field Artillery Bourbon. Wild Blue Yonder Gin. Hmmm...

I was quoting from the Distilled Spirits section.

The good news is that if a retailer affixes a stamp to an absinthe bottle stating "Fight communism" and then adds the US flag, he can remove the flag and sell with just the "fight communism" stamp.

See the TTB ruling.

(This post is in no way intended to endorse communism, anti-communism etc)

Note that those are not actually representations of the actual flag. They have similar themes but are not Old Glory. I believe the TTB has discretionary power in determining how close is too close.

It would have sounded even less in meters (610).

Just when I thought size didn't matter, 610 meters gone slapped me in the face.

Everything is moving very well. I should have a fairly significant announcement in only a few days. :thumbup:

The fall herb harvest has been fantastic! The last of the drying racks are scattered throughout the house and almost everything is safely stored away. The pontica was particularly successful and I have bin after bin stacked up and ready to be put to use. Soon, it appears.

Speaking of pontica, thanks to a very dear friend, a delivery truck dropped off a bail of delicious European pontica on Saturday. It's beautifully processed leaves--no whole stemy plant crap but professionally processed. I have W-A-Y more than I need. If anyone has an interest in a pound (or few), I'll send it for only $20 a pound plus shipping. Tell your friends. The notion of $10 an ounce for pontica makes me cringe. PM me for details, questions and cheap jokes.

:cheers:

I'll be happy for you when the thing is approved. I'm glad it's in the process already.

I think I'll hold off on the swelling and soaring until next time. *grin*

Keep us updated here and your blog. Please!

Cheers!

nostrils

Yeah, most of that old gang of Fee Verte thugs and reprobates would have been pretty damned excited by the news, too, Joe! :cheers: :yahoo:

Yeah, it can be hard to crank 'em out.

Oh well, I guess that's better than sunglasses. :wave2:

We can go with sunglasses if you like. Think Bootsie Collins, Jackie O...or that annoying broad who did the Old Navy commercials a few years ago.

I don't know if I can pull off any cheap jokes

Mine came from The Office. Didn't take much effort to swipe.