Joe Legate

Vilya Spirits (formerly known as Ridge Distillery)

Moderator update:
Review Sections have been added.

Blanche

Verte

With a little trepidation and ten times as much excitement, we'd like to announce the official end of Ridge Herbs and the beginning of Ridge Distillery LLC.

Should we be so fortunate to show the slightest modicum of success, we owe tremendous gratitude to several members of WS for their careful mentoring and patience. To many of you aware of our plans, we would also thank you for your much appreciated discretion, I believe it is the hallmark of a real friend. Most sincerely, thank you.

Quite honestly, we have been plotting this project for nearly a year. If I had my way, I would have delayed the announcement for another 6 months or so until we had a few more pieces of the puzzle in place. Unfortunately, there are some less discrete people that delight in muddling in the affairs of others but it is important to us that we announced to our group of friends our intentions.

I'll not bother you with little details. Please feel free to check the Ridge link for occasional updates. Ridge Distillery LLC is myself, Maggie the Cat and Attack Accountant...playing the role of Accountant, thank God. A couple of dear, lifelong friends complete the current company and a couple of open invitations have been extended to two invaluable members of this Forum.

I think with a little time and patience, I'll be able to offer this outstanding group of people a beverage worthy of your friendship.

"Give me your hands if we be friends" Puck in A Midsummer Night's Dream

Woo hoo! I should have suspected as much. This is excellent news, T73, MTC, and AA! I can't wait to purchase your products and share them with others. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

(Joe Legate @ Jan 18 2009, 02:22 PM) post_snapback.gif

I have heard promising rumors to that end but nothing concrete.

Heh!

This was supposed to simplify my life.

Now I have three full-time jobs.

Auditor

Theatre Mother

Distillery Wench

Since Theatre Mother and Distillery Wench are unpaid I'm glad I have benefits from the "real job". :devil:

P.S. I still cut my own herbs. I'm happy farming. Srsly, I love wildcrafting and farming. Life is good!

Oh my gosh I'm stunned. Stunned I tell you. B)

Seriously, Joe, Maggie and Attack CPA, congratulations! I'm glad to see this finally begin to bear fruit. The more truly sincere, quality-conscious absinthe makers out there, the better for us all.

Sorry about the hiccup, too.

You learn something new every day! :cheers: Congratulations to the entire gang! I pledge my full support (in whatever meager way possible) and look forward to seeing it hit the shelves! Grand, grand day! I’m really very happy for you all :)

Congratulations all of you! Super news indeed. The thought of more quality minded craftspeople is exciting.

I can't wait to try the goodness.

As for being on a panel of tasters, uh, I'd like to play. *wink*

Cheers! Cheers! and Cheers!

Damn, I'm gladder than ever that I don't live in Texas! :yahoo:

Best of luck, you fine folks, and if the devil's in the details, may your exciting enterprise be up and running half an hour before he gets the news! :b-day:

I can't wait to taste Montana's finest.

I meant the absinthe, Joe, please put that gun down...

Wow, fantastic news Joe!!!! Such an exciting time in the world of absinthe, and so great to see friends launch into new and exciting endeavors. Best of luck to you and Maggie and AA of course, I can't wait to taste the fruits of your labor!

Well God bless America!

This is fantastic news you guys! I'm sure the veterans of the COLA wars can help guide you, and know that a very thirsty crowd of patrons awaits you on the other side! :cheers: