AiO

Vieux Carre

Beautiful bottle...will have to hide it from the evil beams of Ra though!

I believe that Rob has posted somewhere that the glass is UV resistant. It also looks a good bit darker under normal lighting. They must have really blasted it with spotlights to get that photo.

And yes: great to see this quality absinthe getting some ink in its hometown! :cheers:

I've yet to taste 20 different commercial absinthe's, and none of the unmentionables that you "cool people" are able to get your hands on.

Crazy how quickly things can change. I think I under-estimated to begin with, and after Saturday night I'd say I'm close to 30 now. And though I'm not one of the "cool kids", fortunately there was one in attendance and I was able to sample a La Bleue, and a Verte that were just out of this world.

And though I'm not one of the "cool kids"

Whoa! Since when did we start letting cool kids hang out here? Haven't you noticed? This place is nerd central. It's populated with computer freaks, IT geeks and a few stuffy profs. You're as cool as anyone I've met Tally Ho, with the possible exception of OMG and that's just because he married the meanest little wildcat in Oklahoma (just think of Will Rogers married to Ellie Mae Clampett).

Some of us may have been here a little longer or post a little (ok, a lot) more but the Advisory Board is not all about some members being more equal than others. Welcome to Coolsville, Sir. May I offer you a complementary pocket protector? :cheers:

This place is nerd central.

Totally. What other group do you know of that sits around, reading old distiller's manuals and taking pictures of their drinks being prepared? But I'm a happy nerd. :cheers:

I ain't close to cool but Ellie May thinks I'll be fine as long as I keep up my counseling sessions.

She cares deeply about my paycheck health! *devil grin*

What other group do you know of that sits around, reading old distiller's manuals and taking pictures of their drinks being prepared?

I think those sorts of behaviors make us more geeky than nerdy, but maybe that's just my unrestrained enthusiasm showing through, as I bite the head off of this live chicken.

Whoa! Since when did we start letting cool kids hang out here? Haven't you noticed? This place is nerd central.

I refuse to be classified as a nerd. I prefer dweeb. Thank you.

I think I will check with some of my Pennsylvania customers to see if they can round up a couple bottles of this for me. :wave2:

Whoa! Since when did we start letting cool kids hang out here? Haven't you noticed? This place is nerd central.

I refuse to be classified as a nerd. I prefer dweeb. Thank you.

And now that I've been reminded of what a geek really is... I think I'll go with dweeb as well.

And for the record, my pocket protector is "pimped out". I'm gangsta like that.

A nerd has breached the IT field, and a pure nerd at that. Don't let the co workers find out.... In fact cover up the fact by spending most of your day on Engadget & Gizmodo. Tomorrow get involved in a heated debate about what the current best OS platform is (to be a true geek pick a linux distro just for the hell of it). Make sure you have the Windows 7 beta installed on at least one computer. Most importantly when speaking about technology talk as if your word on the topic has been handed down by god himself (Note: If you god is Steve Jobs please feel free to proudly display the fact that your a pure nerd).

That should be enough to cover it up for a little bit of time

Since I just picked up a fuel pump for my '51 Studebaker, it's probably best I don't even bother taking that test. :biggrin:

You drive a '51 Studebaker? Man! that is so cool.

Well, I'm in IT as well, but apparently I'm a "Pure Nerd". (does that mean no non-nerd ingredients?)

Nope. It means you wear two pocket protectors.

They were probably just being nice.

Who said they want to hump Joe?

I think there may be one particularly lovely member of this Forum.