Sign in to follow this  
Scott R. Cohen

Greetings!

Greetings from The Green Lantern or, as my friends call me, Scott. I'm okay with my name being known.

I'm mid-thirties and thankfully single. I was in the U.S. Navy as a Mandarin Chinese linguist in my younger day and have since been a college drop-out and now an IT type person.

I'd heard the word absinthe here and there and one day searched the web and found...Logan Fils' site. Thankfully I did more research before I bought what I understand to be the bottom of the barrel (Logan, that is). I bought La Fee and found La Fee Verte's forum at about the same time. La Fee was a good starting spot for me.

I did alot of reading and research which, of course, led me to the Wormwood Society's page. When I went to the forum I found the "This is a local shop for local people. There's nothing for you here" message and saw the by referral only message. You may find this funny, but when I saw that I said to myself that one day I'd be able to go into that forum...and here I am! :D

Since La Fee, I've tasted VdF (my favorite), BdF, and a la bleue. I'm looking to move up to Jades as my next purchases. Definitely the Edouard and either VS or NO.

Now that I've achieved one absinthe goal, I have made two others:

1) Meet Ted and shake his hand :worshippy:

2) Sample pre-ban French absinthe

Are those dreams too big? :)

Thanks for having me aboard, Hiram!

Welcome Scott.  :cheers:

Both of your current goals are probably fairly achievable.  Just hang around a bit.

...But not without putting your bank account in a salad tosser.

Welcome!

A note about logan: Alot of people knock it, but their la bleue is quite enjoyable. Just not worth what you pay for it. I'd still suggest staying away unless your curiousity level is through the roof.

Now that I've achieved one absinthe goal, I have made two others:

1) Meet Ted and shake his hand  :worshippy:

2) Sample pre-ban French absinthe

Are those dreams too big?

No. Several people are known to have realized them, myself included.

Welcome from the other side of the pond.