Sign in to follow this  
printmkr

New Year's Eve/Day plans

The boy will be blowing his fireworks to scare away evil spirits.

The girl will be giggling with one of her friends.

The wife is cooking Grandpa's soup made with chicken, pork, winter squash, abalone, dried shrimp and flavored with star anise. She's also making the annual Portuguese vinha dahos pork with potatoes.

The fountain will be ready and we'll be sipping on l'Italienne, Blanchette, Myrrh, and even a glass or two of the ol' lucid.

A happy and prosperous new year to all!

:cheers:

I went to work late and was absolutely worthless the entire day.

My Manager knew it and let me get away with it. She can be okay sometimes.

Off work at 4:00.

Massage at 4:30.

Now I'm enjoying helping Gramps get me drunk on Marteau and a special bottle of wine we've been saving for a special occasion.

Happy New Years to all! :cheers:

At home having my first ever Eichelberger right now. I think a Montmartre next (another first). If I have enough stamina, I think a good Saz combo to wrap up the evening.

Happy New Year to all! :cheers:

Sipping Vieux Pontarlier right now. Duplais is open and breathing right now.

And right now I have a dog at my feet, one cat in my lap and another on the back of the chair.

The only thing that concerns me is the third cat.

She is across the room....EVLKAT_avtr.jpg staring at me. :unsure:

Had plans to go out, but decided at the last minute to stay home. Don't go to the liquor store on NYE.

Waiting for pizza, then maybe a movie. Louched up some Lucid. The VP arrives Friday.

Now I'm enjoying helping Gramps get me drunk...

I'm certain he's twisting your arm the whole way there. That's OK. I'm there with you. :thumbup:

In my family, the traditional NYE food for good luck was pickled herring and Limburger cheese on caraway rye. :puke:

In Hawaii my in-laws use fireworks to scare bad spirits away, but I bet Limburger would do the trick just as well...

I'm from Grand Rapids, originally. HNY to another Michigander! :cheers:

I live by Metro Airport. But I drive for my job, and make my way out to West Michigan a lot!

Kentwood, Wyoming, Grandville, Holland, Roosevelt Park, Walker, Lansing.

Partage, Plainwell, Benton Harbor, Three Rivers, Coldwater, AND Jackson.

:laugh:

I'm drunk. :twitchsmile: 136 proof really works. :laf:

Boy!, this is one of those "6 degrees of separation" things. My dad used to drive auto parts from GR to Detroit Metro for work. I used to ride with him occasionally when I was a kid. I'll bet there's no employer that would allow that these days! I say "GR", and was born there, but specifically I grew up in Wyoming.

Having finished a little job or two, it's time to enjoy this New Year's Day.

The snow has been falling almost non-stop for 4 or 5 days, so I think I'll

strap on my snowboard and ride down the road leading to our house.

Just 'cuz I can and it sounds like fun.

No, I haven't started drinking. Yet.

WooHoo! Papa Joe can still ride!

2 runs from top to bottom. No spills.

Darn the luck! I forgot to install a chairlift last summer. It's only an 1/8 of a mile. Uphill. Through the snow! But Whew. :laugh:

Maggie wanted to play.

Cross country skis. I suck at X-Country skiing. It's made even worse with nearly 2' of powder.

I'm going to feel that tomorrow.

I think a little medicinal blanche is definitely in order. With two aspirin, please.

We're dying for some new snow down here. Got a good dump around Thanksgiving, and since then it's just been cold and wind, ugh. 2' of powder? Dude, you need to get some snowshoes! I like the snowboarding ok, but the snowshoeing, I just love the peace and quiet.

We have another 8"+ over night and it's still coming down. Watching "tree avalanches" is better than fireworks. I think there is another snowboard ride coming my way! :thumbup:

Well, had a great New Year's Day dinner and imbibement yesterday. Went to a friend's house with 2 sliver rockers as gifts, and a bottle of PF1901. We started off with two or three absinthes (recollection is a bit, um, sketchy). Then we switched to BarenJager. Our host was making a cocktail with that, orange juice and sparkling wine. Of course shots of it straight had to be tried also, for scientific comparison purposes. Soon the homemade manicotti and prime rib showed up. We also drank several bottles of Six Grapes Porto during dinner. For desert there was habanero chocolates, and an Italian ice cream desert with toasted almonds, vanilla and a cherry. Of course by then, shots of this were flowing.

As we were leaving, I had an, um, "misadventure" on the outside steps. My, wife, the designated driver, had the poor taste to accuse me of being drunk. I explained to her that I was perfectly fine, thank you, it was just that I could not feel my legs.

Meanwhile I heard a horrendous crash from inside our gracious hosts' home, but his wife assured us he was ok. But I fear an apocalyptic disaster may have fallen on the charming Dickenesque tableau they were showing us earlier in the evening. Perhaps next year an "earthquake" tableau might be more fitting, with little ambulances, crowds of gawkers and perhaps a tiny news crew. Needless to say, a good time was had by all.

High temps tomorrow in the low 70's. Perhaps a bike ride or a brisk walk in the sunshine would do.

Of course, there's always fishing. *smile*

Good evening all, cheers!