Sign in to follow this  
printmkr

New Year's Eve/Day plans

So, what is everyone doing? NY eve I will be staying home (used to go to the roof of my capital hill apartment in Seattle to watch the needle fireworks, or wander down to melrose). NY day we will be going to a friend's house for prime rib and manicotti. We will be bearing gifts. First, two silver-plated, rocker brouilleurs, which we will have them open first. Can't wait for the initial reaction... what the f*ck?! Then a bottle of PF 1901, which my wife will be prying out of my hands. And lastly, the "Distiller's Handbook", purely for academic research, or in case they decide to move to New Zealand.

I'm just having a get-together with a few friends, nothing big. We'll sip on some absinthe, nibble on some appetizer's and converse. I'm through going to full fledged "parties" anymore because there's always that one stupid person that ruins it (often several).

I'll probably be in bed well before the ball drops too, since I went to bed early last evening and woke up in the middle of the night. I don't really care about seeing the ball drop anyway, and can kiss my girlfriend the next day before the customary eating of the pork and sauerkraut. Maybe this year it will actually bring me good luck. 29'th time's a charm?

I wish all WS members a happy and safe new year.

and can kiss my girlfriend the next day before the customary eating of the pork and sauerkraut.

Interesting! in my house it is miso soup, mochi and a tangerine with a leaf on it. My wife is Japanese. I'm Irish. If we wake up alive on New Year's day, that is considered good luck. Happy New Year to WS folks, too!

Our plans........we generally stay home and relax. I'll be here and sipping various gifts from years past and wishing everybody a prosperous new year.

Tonight is amateur night for those that venture out without a designated driver. There will be a bunch of celebrations and I don't want to get caught in the traffic.

Until then Cheers! Ya'll

The SO and I will be staying in with the special-needs dog, drinking and eating. The drinks on the menu for tonight include absinthe, Cava, St. Germain cocktails, and maybe a few DITAs. The food will hopefully be sushi, if she can find some on her way home from work. My only question, is it too early to start NYE day with a celebratory drink?

I'll be staying at home (where it's safe). The boss is letting our staff go home this morning at 10:30, so I figure I'll be gettin' my booze on by noon! I'll have my fountain set up and ready to try my three new bottles:

Emile Pernot "Vieux Pontarlier" Absinthe Francais Superieure

Duplais Swiss Absinthe Verte

Leopold Bros. Absinthe Verte

Happy New Year's to all, and have a safe and fun time! :cheers:

Our boss came in to the office about 10 am and said he was going to have another cup of coffee and planned on us being gone before the coffee got cold. Good boss!

Probably warching the SciFi Channel's Twilight Zone marathon, and sipping some pre-ban clone, or another, as usual.

In other words, an above average New Year's Evening of excitement, here in East Bumfuck.

Wow! Imagine how good that would taste gazing at the stars, clouds or watching a few snowflakes drift down? Maybe even an old, scratchy 78 playing in the background.

Not that I'm opposed to The Twilight Zone, I just don't like Girls Gone Wild videos or acne cream being hawked while I'm enjoying a good glass of absinthe. :laugh:

Wow! Imagine how good that would taste gazing at the stars, clouds or watching a few snowflakes drift down? Maybe even an old, scratchy 78 playing in the background.

Not that I'm opposed to The Twilight Zone, I just don't like Girls Gone Wild videos or acne cream being hawked while I'm enjoying a good glass of absinthe. :laugh:

We'll probably be sitting out on the deck, gazing at the clouds, and watching the rain splash the ducks in the wetlands, which are so close, the trees are practically encroaching delightfully onto said deck.

Unfortunately, the Sci-Fi Channel isn't averse to hawking acne cream, but they're sorely neglectful when it comes to showing scantily clad, drunken sorority sluts sisters. :3869-sadbanana:

It's past noon in the CST zone, so my fountain is loaded, and I'm on my way there. I'm starting with a good-sized glass of L'Italienne. :cheers:

Getting out of the office at 3, pouring a glass of Kübler then hitting up a hibachi restaurant with the girlfriend and friends. Probably gonna be sipping on Miller Lite the rest of the night. :twitchsmile:

A quiet evening at home. The wife has been dying with the flu or

something for days now. It's not very pretty. I plan my first Louche at

3 so whatever happens happens.

Happy New Years All!!!!

Be safe!

I almost never watch commercial TV anymore 'cuz it makes me Mad(very angry,very very angry). A friend lent me a copy of Shatner's Celebrity roast not too long ago and it is easily 50 percent ads for Girls Gone Wild or Dick Pills of some sort. In-fuckin'-furiating.

...Although I do have that TZ boxed set by the toob, maybe that is the tickee.....

Sittin' at home, sippin'on sumthin nice, no doubt. L'Itallienne, Leopold, Doubs, Coquette, who knows? I'm not sure what but I'd rather slide down a 50-foot razor blade(into a vat full of iodine) than go out for another round of Amateur Night bullschiesse. It just brings out my misanthropy too quickly and thoroughly to bother with.

Have a ball and don't win a Darwin Award, people! :dev-cheers: :3872-DrunkBanana:

The water in the fountain goes drip, drip, drip...drip, drip, drip...drip drip drip. The water in the fountain goes drip, drip, drip...in-to my glass (sung to the tune of The Wheels on the Bus). :drunk:

The boys are off to a sleepover, so my wife and I have a quiet evening planned. Chinese food and some delicious drinks are about all that we want. Sleeping in tomorrow will be a treat, as we are usually awake by 5:30 am on work days.

Hey, stay safe everyone. Happy New Year to all! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I’m a pretty bland and simple New Years type. Sitting by the fireplace with a good book. I do this when I can, last year I worked and went to bed and worked- it was just another day. 2006 though, I had Dante to read by the fire. This year, its Kippling’s complete works. Perhaps some quiet music. No TV’s, no clocks. Nada :cheers:

Now I'm relaxing with a Sazerac while watching a Sordid Lives marathon on the tube. I am a boob and a bum today. And a bit of a drunk as well. I guess I'll just have to try harder next year. :wave2:

Ooooh, Sazerac, you just said the magic word! I think it's time to call it a day and get started.

No plans, probably just hang around the house with the family and the dog. Which is actually one of my favorite things to do.

Happy next year everybody!

In my family, the traditional NYE food for good luck was pickled herring and Limburger cheese on caraway rye. :puke:

I was once treated to that combination, except the pickled herring was replaced with lutefisk.

Try as I might, I couldn't even choke half of it down.