Sign in to follow this  
Timbo

Koruna Czech absinth

I'm trying to think of the last blanche I sipped with those distinctive characteristics. I'm drawing a blank.

I think we have our new term for a "clear" fauxsinth!

On that Pernod post, just call me Warden.

Good man, Wendell. :thumbup: The one making those comments is the same guy I verbally pwned on Youtube recently, I'm positive. Talk about a sore loser grasping at straws. Left him a nice little follow-up...

Seriously, maybe they just hit the wrong letter. I mean, 'D' and 'A' are right next to eachother after all.

Its funny because the review touches on major points, it doesn't: look like absinthe, taste like absinthe, louche like absinthe, smell like absinthe. In fact he states nothing about it is absinthe.

So obviously, total drek in a bottle = A-

Wish I was privy to that grading scale in school.

Edited by GoatKart

Oh my goodness, have you seen the admiral imports website?

Koruna is the Czech word for Crown representing that this product is the very finest absinth available. It is fit for a king.

• The only absinth available that contains real Wormwood (artemisia absinthium)

sigh...

A- eh.. :thumbdown:

I'm sorry- but with I see a drink like this (or KoS) with all the floaty bits, I just can't help but want 'them' to bring back Orbitz.

orbitz-orbitz-drink-656876_480_480.jpg

:heart:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbitz_(soft_drink)

Orbitz was the product name of a noncarbonated fruit-flavored beverage, made by the company Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation (makers of Clearly Canadian), that had small edible balls floating in it. It was introduced around 1996 and quickly disappeared due to poor sales.

The small balls floated due to their nearly equal density to the surrounding liquid, and remained suspended with assistance from an ingredient known as gellan gum. The gellan gum provided a support matrix--something like a microscopic spider web--and had a visual clarity approaching that of water, which increased with the addition of sugar.

[...]

Unopened bottles of the beverage have become somewhat of a collector's item in recent years.

Edit:

In case you are getting thirsty http://cgi.ebay.com/ORBITZ-CITRUS-RASPBERR...:1|293:1|294:50

:harhar:

Call me crazy, but isn't Todd Jackson beginning to sound a lot like the 'Blog Stalker' (i.e. Red, Tom Boyd, Kyle, etc)?

Really informative and well-reasoned thread, Brian. I think I would have gotten frustrated very quickly if I were in that "debate." (In quotes due to lack of position on the part of "TJ."

Did DUNY lower standards, or is this stuff for real?

No "E" in the name. "Contains a small measure of decorative wormwood and other herbs in the bottle, offering a look at the botanicals that impart this spirit with its flavor and color." Do they put grape stems in wine? Agave leaves in tequila? Pieces of charred oak barrel in scotch? Come on...

Is this just another Czechsinthe repackaged to seem legit? I mean, it represents the herbal, yet distinctively light-on-anise Czech style? DUNY is like the ultimate absinthe source. I've referred many people to the site specifically because it provides the best selection of legitimate absinthe. And now this shows up? Just when I thought I had one place to turn to--besides here, of course--as a perfect representation of absinthe, do I now have to an an addendum of "oh just ignore that one with the twigs in it"?

And don't forget the molasses base which adds a rum-like quality...damn, I guess Todd really missed the boat with his pisco, after all. :laf:

Tune in later this week.

I plan on it. It's a shame I just deleted everything in my shopping cart.

Note to self: work on your patience!

And 4 absinthe substitutes, blech.

Hopefully, DUNY will sort it out, it was considered to be such a good vendor for American market.

I stumbled across this tonight. I hope there isn't a pattern developing. Who knows, maybe Rhythm goes well with absinthe and red bull. Hehe.

Simply great...

That "rhythm" is highly toxic if one has not figured that out, the antagonism of poisons at its best.