Sign in to follow this  
Timbo

Koruna Czech absinth

I'm sure our Australian members didn't do anything to piss off those folks but someone sure must have.

I don't want hair in most of my food and I dang sure don't want stems and seeds.

Fit for a king it says. Long live the King of spirits!

"Czech connoisseurs have respected the superior quality of this traditional Bohemian recipe for more than 100 years."

Prove it.

They also represent:

GREEN FAIRY

Original Czech Absinth

The first legal absinth containing thujone (from wormwood). Produced and bottled in the Czech Republic where they have been making absinth continually since at least the 1800s.

This is the absinth by which all other absinth is judged.

DJABEL

Premium Czech Absinth

Dabel contains more thujone (from wormwood) than most other absinth that has become available in the States. It has slightly more than Green Fairy and is bottled at 70% alc. vol. The absinth of choice for discerning enthusiasts.

Drink in moderation and serve responsibly.

Wow, these people never stop, do they?

This:

Koruna is the only genuine absinth in Australia that is made from all natural ingredients

is actually a lie. They serve Jades and the Duplais range at absinthe salon, right?

In fact, most of what they say about that product is a lie:

It is considered by most to be the best absinth available.

WTF? By who? And best absinth??? That's like being the best of the worst.

Czech connoisseurs have respected the superior quality of this traditional Bohemian recipe for more than 100 years.

Czech "connoisseurs" .... traditional Bohemian "recipe" .... ugh.

Rubbing alcohol and dirt isn't a recipe. And as far as absinth is concerned, there are very few czech "connoisseurs".

Apparently made special for our friends in Australia.

I wonder what they did to deserve that?

Do Barry, Robin, and Maurice ring any bells? :puke:

Approved for USA: Koruna Super Premium Bohemian Absinth

Has a pile of wormwood on the bottom of bottle like that other crap King of Spirts:

If that's not KoS, then it means that someone looked at KoS and said, "Yeah, that's it! That's the drink we want to model our absinthe on."

I'm not sure which possibility is more troubling.

I thank the Lord every day that the worst I've had to endure in my Absinthe experiences was several glasses of steepsinthe. Had I started with Czechsinthe, I think I would've moved on to other pastures without ever discovering the joys of the louche...

I'm delighted to see Drinkerhacker's in depth knowledge so clearly revealed.

It’s not marketed as a blanche absinthe, but it behaves a lot like one: Koruna does not louche at all, and with water added it looks a lot like a glass of sauvignon blanc.

I'm trying to think of the last blanche I sipped with those distinctive characteristics. I'm drawing a blank.

Alan, perhaps you should tell Claude-Alain where CLB is missing the boat for blanches: scratch the louche and make it look like white wine. I'm sure he'll love your help.

Or to encourage people to think of a bleue as being like a sauvignon blanc, I've created this new advertising jingle just for you:

"Ridge, Ridge ..

Stick it in your fridge."

All night long I was trying to louche Anisette de Bordeaux. To no avail and to a big disappointment.

Flavoured-rum

At least, it might not end being called "absinthe", so the rum afficionades will have to fight back, not us.

He has forgotten (our friend Ben I mean) to add Pernod is not absinthe at all, hence comparing it with real extraits shall be punishable, indeed.

I have just browsed his vodka reviews category (that idiot, I mean) and confirm he doesn't know anything about vodka, either. Not that I mention after reading some heresies, I have clenched my fists several times. The good and glaring example is his review of Bak's żubrówka which is neither genuine żubrówka nor anything palatable. And artificially-coloured for that matter.

And he likes it and wonders that żubrówka (the genuine) can be served with apple juice-what is so amazing in it since it is part of the tradition that stretches to 1950's already?

"Ridge, Ridge ..

Stick it in your fridge."

As soon as I need a good radio jingle, I'm calling you.

There has to be a good joke with that rhyme but I seem to have faulty coffee this morning.

OK, Joe, I'm on a roll here:

"Koruna, Koruna,

Gal, where you been so long?

Koruna, Koruna, Gal, where you been so long?

I been worr'in' 'bout you, baby,

Baby, please go home."

With apologies to Bob Dylan.