scott

Hi from a hick town in California

I'm hooked after only one glass.

A couple of friends knew I wanted to try absinthe and the good news is they payed attention to my rambling on to them about what I'd learned about absinthe.I received a bottle of Lucid,couple of glasses and absinthe spoons.No crazy kits claiming a high by soaking,no lame lighting on fire stuff.

The bad news?I'm so doomed to seek out various varieties now,and so is my friend plus I'm sure we'll corrupt a few others as well.

I can't help but think how wrong it is that people who appreciate fine drinks have not had this wonderful libation available to enjoy for over a generation.

Hello and welcome!

Absinthe has been and continues to be one of my favorite wallet thinning hobbies.

:sigh: Yup. And I only see it becoming moreso as time marches on.

Seriously, you are in the Boonies. Not to worry. L.A. is but a short 8 hour-or-so drive. Here in the big city we have lots of get-togethers to celebrate the wonder that is absinthe.

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy! :cheers:

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Just sitting down with a glass of Lucid now.

I should have a bottle of Verte de Fougerolles in a week or so,and couple better ways to add my water than a sake carafe.

I love the aromas as the water is added and look forward to being able to drip a bit slower,I have benign tremors so slow pouring is rather difficult without mechanical assistance.

Of course I can get rid of the tremors by just drinking,they go away when drunk,but why waste absinthe on a drunk guy?C'est la vie..or should I say ,c'est la vie en verte. ;)

Welcome aboard! :cheers: