Father time of absinthe

St george Absinthe or Obsello absenta or mansinthe absinthe?

And Smiley, why don't you go over to FV and run your pointless bullshit on that crowd? Oh yeah, cuz you'd get summarily trounced...........again. You are being handled with kid gloves here, and it is wearing all of our patience thin. Please bear that in mind and quit while you are behind. :nono:

Wow, whatever man. I did nothing to you or anyone here. All I did was take part in a discussion, and say that mansinthe is ok, and that it shouldn't be avoided because of manson. Anything wrong with that? What do you think?

The incident at FV was before you got there buddha, I guess Shabba has been showing that around to everyone? How nice. Actually, if you finished the thread, buddha, eric showed that his artisinal had ZERO thujone in it. But whatever, you obviously don't care about facts, but more about protecting your circle of friends here.

And if you call "trounced" being outnumbered by digital faceless people like yourself, then yes.

Seriously, buddha, what the hell? I didn't do anything wrong here, or even to you.

Hiram, you obviously run this place, and I'm sure you've gone through the posts. However, don't you think I'm entitled to my opinion? I didn't force it on anyone, and when people started saying that I was redefining words, I got angry, because I am trying to have an honest conversation, and I don't like it when people make me out to be an idiot, which is what the last couple of posts have done.

With respect, don't I deserve the same respect? The comment buddha just made wasn't just insulting? Seriously Hiram, I would like an answer regarding this. Unless you too, think my ideas are "pointless bullshit"? Buddha can insult me openly, and tease me regarding an incident that happened months ago at FV, but I can't take part in a discussion here?

My comments at T73 were aggresive, but not for no reason, and they weren't meant for meaningless insult.

You all are obviously angry at my lack of tenure and what T refers to as "aggressive rhetoric"; get used to it. I'm not going anywhere, and until Hiram deems that I have done anything wrong and bans me, you're going to have to look at my Smiley face for a while.

smiley I think it's simply a matter of you attempting to defend the indefensible. There are plenty of folks here who are assertive and stubborn, but usually not just for the sake of being argumentative.

Bottom line is that Marilyn Manson is a jackass of some variety, what precise variety is difficult to pin down because he's so bizarre, but clearly many of his remarks about absinthe are absurd and stupid. Frankly, that's really not even arguable. He happened to commission Matter distillery to make a decent tasting absinthe for him, but clearly he shares no credit of the results. And hypotheticals about THC versus thujone and "chemical activity" are just abject silliness. Take it from someone who has had plenty of both in their life experience in years gone by :wave2:

In all this talk about Mansinthe/Manson, I think we should also condemn an absinthe which by its very name seems to commemorate, nay endorse, the killing of endangered species. While Manson merely wears his signature black leather pants 24/7 (not a pleasant aromatic notion), St. George actually kills dragons.

Worse still, he does so with his Lance.

I urge fellow members to join me in condemning such behaviour.

:devil:

These poor creatures may be even put into the mixture what makes what it makes it. Moreover, has the St. George himself been asked for permission of using his name on a bottle of booze? Last but not least, why St. George is portrayed as a monkey? :devil:

The incident at FV was before you got there buddha, I guess Shabba has been showing that around to everyone? How nice.... But whatever, you obviously don't care about facts, but more about protecting your circle of friends here.

Shabba has shown it to no one, not me anyway. I just like to do a little Reading--so I can get a little Background-- before asking too many questions, regardless of forum. You should try it, it's fun(for nerds anyway) and results in a lot less wasted energy on ground already covered. It also is appreciated by myself and many others here. Exactly what form of protection have I to offer these people--most of whom I actually have not met in the Real World--and from what?

And if you call "trounced" being outnumbered by digital faceless people like yourself, then yes.

I don't see any photos on your profile. Your point being.....?

Hiram, you obviously run this place, and I'm sure you've gone through the posts. However, don't you think I'm entitled to my opinion? I didn't force it on anyone, and when people started saying that I was redefining words, I got angry, because I am trying to have an honest conversation, and I don't like it when people make me out to be an idiot, which is what the last couple of posts have done.

Daddy, Daddy, He said a bad word! Make him stop!

Buddha can insult me openly, and tease me regarding an incident that happened months ago at FV, but I can't take part in a discussion here?

I was not insulting in any way, I was expressing my opinion-- on a Forum. An opinion which is not mine alone I would hazard a guess. What does the date on the thread have to do with it? If confused,See answer 1.

You all are obviously angry at my lack of tenure and what T refers to as "aggressive rhetoric"; get used to it. I'm not going anywhere, and until Hiram deems that I have done anything wrong and bans me, you're going to have to look at my Smiley face for a while.

Dude, look at the date I started here, not the number of little squares under the picture. I have been here for a pretty short time. I consider myself a n00b and I am compared with many here. Even more so at FV. What exactly is this Tenure and what does it reputedly confer?

Okay, I've addressed anything in your response that I deemed worthy of Rebuttal. I've been straight up about it. If you actually knew me, you'd be amazed at how nice I was. Any hostility beyond this point is entirely your world. Now louche one up and get your knickers out of a knot. :laugh:

And on a much realer note, what Absinthist just said. What is up with that?

Just wanted to state that I wholeheartedly agree with the following quoted statement. That's all I meant to say, really. ("Then why didn't you?") Bah.

To summarize: Mansinthe is a well made, high quality absinthe. It's produced by a distillery that has a very good reputation. Some choose not to buy it strictly because they don't appreciate MM's decision to continue many of the myths surrounding absinthe. Others choose to buy it anyway. Neither party is wrong in doing so.

I guess Shabba has been showing that around to everyone? How nice.
WTF? Sorry, Smiley, I'm a bit more mature than that. You thinking that I've done that shows just what type of mindset you actually have. I take offense to you even assuming I would do such a thing.

However, don't you think I'm entitled to my opinion?
Absolutely. But I really don't believe a lot of what you said were your real opinions. I think you were just playing devil's advocate to be difficult in this case.

There have also been several discussions now when you have made a very strong, yet uninformed rebuttal. You seem to jump very quickly to your own decisions, without really knowing anything about the topic. As you've seen, it gets you in to quite a few binds. Next time, do some research and inform yourself before leaping into something you know nothing about.

The comment buddha just made wasn't just insulting?
The comment you made about me was insulting too. What's your point?

My point, I don't even know what my point is anymore. My only point is that buddha and everyone who has seen this post will think that any further of my ideas are "pointless bullshit", and I don't like much the thought of that.

You don't like me, thats fine. You don't like my argument in this thread, fine. I'll stop. But everywhere else on this forum I've welcomed newcomers, participated in talks and done nothing wrong, so it is harmful to refer to all my ideas as "pointless bullshit".

I was accused of perpetuating an argument that you, Shabba, picked up, a day and a half ago. But nobody cares about that. Middle of page 5, after I was already done with the subject, joking about shatner!!

I didn't mind that you picked up the subject, but when people subtly started telling me to let it go, I got angry that they didn't accuse you of the same thing. It is hypocritical, no?

Seriously, Shabba, weren't you the one who restarted this whole argument? Why, when I respond, am I the one who gets bashed? Just because I'm on the losing side?

This same question goes to buddha; why did you choose to pick on only me?

My assumption about you Shabba was ignorant; I had four people, and the guy who runs this site upset with me, buddha referenced our argument at FV, something completely unrelated, and a general stab at my character, I made a wrong assumption. For what its worth, I'm genuinely sorry, and wish that I could assure you that no more flares involving myself will occur in the future, however these things seems to follow me like the plague.

If I remember correctly, they weren't very nice to you at FV either? But what has that to do with here? Nothing, and I wouldn't even think of using that to belittle you because we are disagreeing at the moment.

Lastly, my issue here, is that I did nothing that Shabba and T73 didn't do. Furthermore, I don't believe the three of us did anything wrong in continuing talks. But, for some reason, I am the one singled out, ie, "pointless bullshit", "redefining words", etc.

Anyways, yes, I'll let the horse freaking die. My apologies to everyone, you'll hear no more from me about mansinthe. And again for the record, manson is a big, big, big douchebag, and he is using his name to sell his absinthe; but at 26 euros a bottle, its a decent pick.

Two things:

1: Why must you insist upon placing so much blame? Every action you take seems to be predicated on the previous actions of an admin.

2: Why do you jump to the conclusion that we don't like you? We don't know you. Just because people disagree about something does mean that you are then enemies. Many of the people at the FV who give me a hard time are also friends of mine. We just disagree about the WS.

One of the reasons people have been dismissive with you is because many of the arguments you have made have previously been debunked. You'd know so if you did a bit more research before you decided to argue about something.

Relax. Read up. Move on. Have a drink. Maybe I'll louche up some Mansinthe. :)

Hey Smiley,

Let me start off by saying that, for my part, I've mostly enjoyed this thread, and I don't have a problem with you or any other advocate of Mansinthe. I think I understand your position, and I can agree that at a minimum, it's good that through Marylin Manson a quality absinthe is being marketed to consumers that otherwise might be financially supporting phony absinthes coming from the Czech Republic (or other sources of swill).

That said, I share the view of several people here that Manson himself at times contributes to some of the "drug hype" surrounding absinthe, and for that reason and because Manson just gets on my nerves, I am not going to buy the product. You think that view is off base, but that's cool; we can agree to disagree as friends.

As for some of the less gentle exchanges in this thread, well, this is the Internet, and even at the Wormwood Society there will be elbows thrown in the paint now and then. Take it in stride. I've been a member of this forum for over a year, and read it as a lurker for about 12-18 months before I joined. I think you'll come to share my view that Shabba, T73, Hiram, et al are a good bunch of guys who run a good forum. As I'm sure you know, there are times when well-intended posts come out wrong on the receiving end, and we all can be undiplomatic (or even annoying) at times, but stick around and keep participating. This is a good place to be.

Okay, I'm done channeling Rodney King for now. :cheers:

Still, the problem is text on a screen. It can be taken so many ways just as tastes are affected by other senses.

I would think everyone engaged in these debates would get along fine face to face over a few drinks.

<------- optimist! Not pretty but still an optimist. *smile*

Cheers!

What Shabba and Marlow said. It's only the Internet, fer cryin' out loud.

Lighten up and get back on the Shatner track, for criminy's sake...

I tried all three of these in the same night. The St. George is not a traditional Absinthe (but I still enjoy the flavor), Mansinthe has a great nose and louche but is fairly intense flavor wise for a first timer (not sure if this is your first time or not), Obsello is mild and smooth everyone who has tried it with me has enjoyed the flavor while some found the St George and Mansinthe a bit too intense for their liking.

Again this is all personal preference.

I've been wanting to try St. George, sounds like something I would like. I'm a big fan of Mansinthe, and Manson himself. Ofcourse Manson has nothing to do with the production of "his" absinthe, I like Manson as an artist and "his" absinthe for the taste. Two seperate things to Me...

I havent currently tried the St George or the Obsello, but the Mansinthe has a delicious and full flavour profile. It is by far better than the Lucid or the Kübler 53, and I do not really mind the music the man puts out. I sure dont listen to it much anymore though, or what he is saying as the aging old clown has basically run out of antics and fresh smut to sell. AND it could just be that as I am maturing, listening to songs about Cake and Sodomy just doesnt even qualify as good listening when compared with some groups like the Pink Floyd or Alice in Chains.

I think it is best then to just seperate the man from his drink, which will then allow for more people to enjoy a now easily available Absinthe, that is also well made and worthwhile. I do hate the fact that more money is going into the hands of an empty suit of a human being, but compared taste wise to the others mentioned above it is still money better spent.

Just not money to spend all that too often... ;)

This thread makes me want to sin. In fact I am going to do just that right now OH! and the wife says wait for her! See ya! :cheers:

... doesnt even qualify as good listening when compared with some groups like the Pink Floyd or Alice in Chains.

Well, even the TONS of good music out there do not hold a candle to Pink Floyd or Alice In Chains, who abide in the realm of great!

:worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy:

Of course Manson has nothing to do with the production of "his" absinthe ...

Actually, that's not true. From my understanding, Manson had a lot to do with the production of his absinthe. He told Markus what he wanted it to be like, they exchanged samples quite a bit, and dialed it in until it was what he wanted, according to his tastes.