Growing the Hallowed Ingredients

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beautiful Loosher

Beautiful Loosher

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:08 PM

I happen to live on a small farm. We've got some goats, and some horses, mostly for fun.
I've been wondering how I might make some better use of the land. In my dreams, I'd love to become a distiller of my own absinthe (yes, I know the topic is verboten) but I also know that I'm a combination of too prone to be discouraged by failure, too lazy, and too pre-occupied.

However, maybe I could help out those who are better situated to distilling by becoming a source of herbal ingredients. The animals provide nice poop, and I've got a fair amount of fertile soil.

What else does it take?
Electronic musician, you can hear some on Last.fm
I eat my peas with honey: I've done that all my life. It makes the peas taste funny, but it keeps them on my knife.

#2 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,943 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

Hey Jack, looking for some magic beans? ;)

#3 Jonathan D.

Jonathan D.

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

Proper climate, apparently. Despite careful care, my wormwood won't get beyond a sprout of a couple teensy wavy leaves.

Anise grows easily though, unfortunately it was brutally savaged by bunnies. Yes, they look innocent but...

#4 Beautiful Loosher

Beautiful Loosher

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:38 PM

Proper climate, apparently. Despite careful care, my wormwood won't get beyond a sprout of a couple teensy wavy leaves.

Anise grows easily though, unfortunately it was brutally savaged by bunnies. Yes, they look innocent but...

F'ing bunnies.... I've got dogs for those :)

A.a. apparently grows native around here (MD Potomac environs) according to what I've read. I'd like to do the whole ball of wax, A.a., anise, petitie wormwood, melissa.

Right now my "cash crops" are a) ragweed B) pine trees c) sporadic hay d) poison ivy :)
I eat my peas with honey: I've done that all my life. It makes the peas taste funny, but it keeps them on my knife.

#5 Beautiful Loosher

Beautiful Loosher

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:42 PM

Hey Jack, looking for some magic beans? ;)

YES!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association