26 replies to this topic

#1 Eric S.

Eric S.

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:32 AM

As of recent I have found that smoking herbal cigarettes during absinthe helps the buzz, kills hangover and makes it even taste all the more better.

Currently my favorite mix has been of Lavender, Hops and a dash of Peppermint and with a filter there is absolutely no harshness to the smoke at all. If you are looking for a hangover cure or Painkilling these herbs can and will help you, either in tea or smoke.
Just thought I'd share that tidbit of info with you all.

PS: just make sure they are organic.

Edited by Eric S., 22 November 2008 - 09:37 PM.

#2 Mat B.

Mat B.

The Gentleman of Verona

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:21 PM

Strangely enough, I’ve never had a hangover from drinking purely absinthe. And I’ve consumed well over my normal limit from time to time. One of the many, many reasons I enjoy it so much. :)
"I will show you something different from either Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you; I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
-The Waste Land

“…and it’s appropriate to serve them, as long as you serve them appropriately.”
-Jules

#3 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:21 PM

I agree with the gentleman above. :cheers:
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#4 Eric S.

Eric S.

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:23 PM

I agree as well, and I think that owes much to the quality of herbs inside the drink. Although I will rarely drink enough to put me into a hangover, all other forms of alcohol that I've tried will cause a headache or just a sluggishness that takes all day to loose. With Absinthe though the next morning is usually warm and no pain is felt. It could be that when I choose to drink it is often in the 4-5 beers/glasses ratio so that would put anyone's liver into an overload if they are not used to drinking much.

Also, I tried a cigarette of Lavender and Mugwort last night that caused the most vivid dream I've had in months. Mugwort has thujone in it and alongside the Lavender tasted great, and gave off an Absinthe type of feeling. Tonight though I plan on trying the same mix again alongside 2-3 glasses of the Kübler 53, so hopefully the results will be just as good and hopefully better than last night. :thumbup:

Edited by Eric S., 22 November 2008 - 01:24 PM.

#5 buddhasynth

buddhasynth

Unseemly and Obtuse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

I have had Absinthe hangovers worse than cheap tequila hangovers.. I have also stayed hydrated, eaten steaily thru the day and drank plenty of Absinthe all the while and been right as rain the next day. I truly feel that whether one gets hung over has more to do with how much one respects the booze and one's self.

Back when I was a kid lookin for a buzz in all the wrong places I went thru the Celestial Seasonings collection and rolled up a fattie of each flavor we had. No buzz to be found but the Spearmint tasted really nice I must say.
What part of Klaatu Barada Nikto don't you understand?

...because shoddy absinthes will be flavored with the lubricator of take the lead anise.

#6 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

Mugwort has thujone in it

*sigh*
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#7 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,970 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:51 PM

Also, I tried a cigarette of Lavender and Mugwort last night that caused the most vivid dream I've had in months. Mugwort has thujone in it.

Please read this article before someone starts taking shots at you. Actually, there are several very good articles there. :cheers:

#8 Eric S.

Eric S.

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

Also, I tried a cigarette of Lavender and Mugwort last night that caused the most vivid dream I've had in months. Mugwort has thujone in it.

Please read this article before someone starts taking shots at you. Actually, there are several very good articles there. :cheers:

The thujone isnt going to get me wasted, I've figured that out by now. In the past I've even smoked wormwood extract and nothing ever happened. Except a rancid nasty taste and a slight headache. I still attribute the main effects of Absinthe to be from the total combination of herbs distilled together, to make the elixer I am currently drinking.

Mugwort has been used for hundreads of years as a dreaming herb, which is my interest in it. Alongside the Lavender and Hops leaf Mugwort tastes very good, and makes me feel very happy. Last night I tried the mix and had a very, very vivid dream. Nothing tried in the past would produce what I saw in that dream, so it has become of value to me, as I am seeking very vivid dreams.

It seems like months' had passed since I had dreamed, and last night came as a blessing.

Oh and as for smoking the Celestial Seasonings, I cannot imagine how horrible most of that would taste, being highly processed tea with tons of stored flouride. One day I hope to own a Heath food business and web site to help get rid of horrendous companies such as theirs. The reason CS is so horrible to myself and everyone is how insidious they are in hiding Soy Lechithin in most of their teas. Genetically Engineered soy contains pesticides that cause sterility and death in lab trials, so avoid GM as much as you can.

#9 buddhasynth

buddhasynth

Unseemly and Obtuse

• 2,647 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:05 PM

Just to clarify, I did that in 1982. I've done a lot of much dumber stuff than that since then, banana peels included....but I shall spare this forum the details.

Unless, of course, it is appropos to the subject and too funny to leave alone. :devil:

...because shoddy absinthes will be flavored with the lubricator of take the lead anise.

#10 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,176 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:42 AM

Some of us have had, hmmmm, colorful histories. As for myself, I rarely dredge them up in here.

My God man, think of the children. :tongue:

Hell, I quit smokin' in 1980. :twitchsmile:
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#11 scuto

scuto

Taste sensation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:04 AM

Seesh, compared to y'all, I'm boring! :shifty:
"The Saint when he is drinking/Is also pleasing God/As if he were praying and singing." - Angelus Silesius, quoted in Simmel's On Individuality and Social Forms, p.391. (Yay for classical sociology!)

"Full bottle in front of me/Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work/And after many glasses of work/I get paid in the brain" - They Might Be Giants "Your Own Worst Enemy."

"I've an absinthe factory in my head" (jcbphd, 2009). [Liberties taken. -ed.]

#12 buddhasynth

buddhasynth

Unseemly and Obtuse

• 2,647 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:15 AM

What makes you think I'm not.....? :laugh:

#13 scuto

scuto

Taste sensation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:44 AM

Erm, because your member number is my birth year? Yeah, that's the ticket!
"The Saint when he is drinking/Is also pleasing God/As if he were praying and singing." - Angelus Silesius, quoted in Simmel's On Individuality and Social Forms, p.391. (Yay for classical sociology!)

"Full bottle in front of me/Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work/And after many glasses of work/I get paid in the brain" - They Might Be Giants "Your Own Worst Enemy."

#14 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,970 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:50 AM

Oh great. Now, I'm going to have to find out which member has my birth year. Thanks, Scuto. :dry:

<<<Hey! Absomphe! My member number is your birth year! Well, if Ante Christum counts, of course. :tongue:

#15 scuto

scuto

Taste sensation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:13 AM

My witty reply consists of: :laf: because the pleasant convulsions got in the way of thought!

#16 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,176 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:23 AM

Boring? Shoot Scuto, I'm dull as dirt. *yawn* I like sitting in my lawn chair on the drive with a drink in my hand and just watch the old people walk past. I yell at them to slow down. That's my excitement.

History is past. Today is a different history for tomorrow.

#17 Eric S.

Eric S.

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:45 PM

I wish I could quit smoking. I started when I was 15 yrs old. Lately though I have nearly cut out all tobacco and have switched to herbals. Soon I want that to stop as well and just drink it in a tea because my lungs are starting to age. The habit of holding a lit smoke though is the hardest thing to break, hopefully here soon I can stop with it altogether.

#18 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,176 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:04 PM

I've quit several bad habits on my own, not all but quite a few and some I had no choice . B)

You can always replace it with a hobby that keeps your hands busy. (run with it folks) :devil:

my lungs are starting to age

They won't stop till you do. Cheer up, Have a cool adult beverage. You're among good people. :cheers:

#19 uglybiker

uglybiker

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

I like sitting in my lawn chair on the drive with a drink in my hand and just watch the old people walk past. I yell at them to slow down. That's my excitement.

I tell them to get the Hell off my lawn.

Damn geezers.
I am mot suffering from mental illness
Quite the contrary! I'm enjoying every minute!

#20 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,970 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:42 PM

I yell at 'em to stop crappin' on my lawn!

Wait. I don't have a lawn. Oh yeah, I yell at the deer to stop crappin' in my forest! Heh, heh...scares the hell out of 'em. Me > :wheelchair:

#21 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,603 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

Hell, I quit smokin' in 1980. :twitchsmile:

Me, too, if pot counts.

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#22 scuto

scuto

Taste sensation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

History is past. Today is a different history for tomorrow.

That's what's up.

I would like to tell the seniors 'round here to stop building McMansions (and their offspring who have come back to breed, and I mean that in the nicest way), but then they'd stop spending their $$$ at the local shops! A wee catch-22.

I don't smoke herbs, I drink them. In absinthe form. Yum!

#23 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,603 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

Damn geezers.

:angry:

Got a lawn I can "borrow"? :tongue:

#24 buddhasynth

buddhasynth

Unseemly and Obtuse

• 2,647 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:49 PM

I got one, but theres no grass on it. Hopefully you'll scare off more people than the dog...

#25 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,603 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

Depends™ on the dog. B)

#26 uglybiker

uglybiker

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

Got a lawn I can "borrow"? :tongue:

My "lawn" is desert landscaping.
I'll be happy to give you some rocks and fresh tumbleweed sprouts. :laugh:
I am mot suffering from mental illness
Quite the contrary! I'm enjoying every minute!

#27 Larspeart

Larspeart

Advanced 'member'...

• Silver Member
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

No idea why, but absinthe seems to CURE my hangovers, pre-hangover.

5 drinks of... well, whatever.

+

1-2 glasses of absinthe at the end

=

Happy-n-Fresh Larsy in the morning.

"Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly." - W.E.P. French

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association