Sign in to follow this  
Eric S.

Hello from Indy!

Just introducing myself to this very comprehensive forum on what has become my favorite drink of all time.

Currently the best Absinthe tried to date by myself would be the Kübler 53, but now that drinkupny.com has Mansinthe and a better variety I am sure my taste buds will change.

As for being in Indiana, I hate it. The city is boring, the people are even worse, and the food terrible. I cook mostly at home now.

So, hopefully I will make some new friends on here and learn even more about my favorite drink.

Hopefully I will be able to offer my own insight into the drink as I try more brands, But as of now the Kübler is my favorite, although I am sure that the Clandestine will be even better. I am planning to give that to myself this year as a special present and hopefully it will as good as I imagine.

Thank you all for the warm welcome :thumbup:

As for a little more on my background, I am currently 22 and attending IWU full time for a business degree. One day I will own my own business centered around selling health food and imported Absinthes. Hopefully within a few years that goal can and will be accomplished.

For my hobbies I enjoy watching classic cinema, listening the great music such as Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath. I have been writing poetry and full stories since 15 and am currently working on a Novella. Some of my favorite films are anything done by Stanley Kubrick, David Lynch/Cronenberg, or just about anyone who has a bit of intelligence to their storytelling.

Piper at the Gates of Dawn! :thumbup:

A true classic. Especially Astronomy Domine, which sounds even better live.

My favorite, (if forced at gunpoint to choose) would be Animals and Dark Side of the Moon coming in at a close, very close second. I've listened to their music my whole life, and still to this very day still sounds fresh and full of energy.

Another favorite band of mine that sounds close to Pink Floyd is The Verve. Even their newest and more pop sounding material is still great.

Currently I am listening to their 2nd album, A Northern Soul. Which is one of the best of the whole 1990's.

Currently I am listening to their 2nd album, A Northern Soul. Which is one of the best of the whole 1990's.

Hmm. You're probably not going to want to hear this, but our distillery was just a few hours away from you....we served Absinthe, and had A Northern Soul in the jukebox up until we closed this June. We also had A Storm in Heaven in there for a few months.

I didn't like Urban Hymns.

Welcome to WS, and good luck in your studies.

Hmm. You're probably not going to want to hear this, but our distillery was just a few hours away from you....we served Absinthe, and had A Northern Soul in the jukebox up until we closed this June. We also had A Storm in Heaven in there for a few months.

I didn't like Urban Hymns.

Welcome to WS, and good luck in your studies.

Well in my opinion I also think Urban Hymns is a hit and miss effort, the same can be said for the newest album "Forth" which is decent, but nothing compared to the Verve EP and A Storm in Heaven. So your distillery is only a few hours away? And you had to close down? Or just for the season? Somewhat curious now...

Hi Eric! Nice to meet you electronically. Just FYI, our Sirene Absinthe Verte is available in Indy at a couple of stores. Also, we'll be doing some events there next year - I come to Indy a few times a year. It's a great city, although the liquor selection is sometimes lacking compared to other cities!

Cheers. :cheers:

edit: fixed the link - had the wrong one!

Edited by Sonja

Welcome, Eric! I did time in Indiana myself, down at the southern border on the Ohio River. It truly is the Crossroads of America!

Good luck as you discover the world of delights that each new bottle of absinthe brings.