Hi, I'm located in Austin and I'm an absinthe fan, too. I would be interested in meeting up with some fellow absinthe drinkers out there.

I did want to share my experience with Peche. While I enjoyed the decor and atmosphere of the establishment, I found the staff to be quite off-putting with their arrogance and unfriendly demeanor. On my first visit, I had to almost get in a fight with the bartender to get the drink that I wanted and forgo her terrible recommendation. My second visit was more of the same in the way of unfriendly service. On my second visit, I sat at a table instead of the bar and my waiter was rather rude but he did keep my drinks coming quickly and didn't argue with me over what drinks I would order. Like other people on this thread, I have found that the staff, or at least those I spoke with, really didn't know much about absinthe. I did try to talk to Gus to ask him about further brand availability in the future and give me some compliments on the appearance of the place but he didn't seem very approachable or talkative. It's very unfortunate that my experiences were this bad because this could be a really nice place to frequent if they weren't so pretentious and if some of their food selection was not quite so overpriced. I may have to give it a third and final chance, though.

In TX availability is limited due to graft and cronyism. The Web is how you get good stuff. The ATX crowd is very friendly and very knowledgable about good absinthe.

I am not sure what the ATX people think about this but Artemis is going to be here later this evening. We will be hanging out tonight and tomorrow. I think it would be cool to have an impromptu get together w/ any of the Austin folks.

We could all have some Absinthe together.

What do you guys think?

I don't. It was 108 degrees there.

Yesterday near Chicago it was 51 degrees. It was nice.

We aren't there either, anymore.

We're on our way to some place called Walton.

Like the Blues Brothers, we're on a mission from God.

Rub it in will ya! :) Some us our still roasting in the 3rd coast.

Yeah, make sure they are nice and dry, and cleaned up up there in the Catskills. Down the road in Downsville is a nice little booze store with some of Cherly's stuff and Marc's stuff for sale. Right by the covered bridge. :) FedEx knows the route from there to my house rather well.

There is this old music festival grounds south of the hills, in some town called Bethel. I'd love to visit that. :bguitar:

Edited by Miguel

I don't. It was 108 degrees there.

Yesterday near Chicago it was 51 degrees. It was nice.

We aren't there either, anymore.

We're on our way to some place called Walton.

Like the Blues Brothers, we're on a mission from God.

We had some of that a few days back, it was awful.

I'd like to see mission control.

Hopefully the second half of my mission will be complete soon, I need a landing place.

We should have some variety of Austin get-together. Maybe for the holidays at some point? Or shortly after. Eric? Imp? Id? Greune? Mig? Artemis? Anybody else? It has been shamefully long since I have seen some folks, and there are new things worth tasting.

I'd enjoy being in Austin again.

I've met some mighty fine folks at a couple different absinthe events there, you know who you are. *smiley wink*

Cheers!

I'm really looking forward to the Blues Cat. Knowing who's involved, I can't imagine it'll be anything but wonderful. :cheers:

Anyone interested in a local get together soon?

- Steve

I'd love to attend an event in Austin but my Precious has indicated that I'll be grounded until January first, 2013 after we get back from GAAF.

If reservations weren't already made, I'd be grounded now.

<-------- He doesn't listen well.