Sign in to follow this  
Beautiful Loosher

How do I know who distributes what?

I am in Maryland. There is a store that will order what I'd like if they have the name of a distributor in this state. A couple of observations: I noticed a posting on this board that Leopold Bros. was available in VA, just across the river, and the Leopold Bros site indicates that it is available in DC, just across... well, just across the street, depending on where you stand in Maryland :) .

But the broader question would be, how can one know who distributes what absinthe so that one can point one's local store to that distributor?

There are a number of threads in the forum discussing absinthe distributors in the US; one of the most recent focuses on Tempus Fugit Spirits, which is bringing us absinthes from the Matter distillery. Scroll down the page for a link to their website.

But you don't have to wait for your local store to carry Leopold Bros. As Phoenix recently reported in another thread, Total Beverage now stocks Leopold and ships to most states, including MD.

One state they do not ship to is PA. Lucky bastid.

Your retailer has a book called the Maryland Beverage Journal which lists all the distributors and all the brands they carry. He probably keeps it next to his cash register. He should be able...and happy...to look it up for you. If he doesn't have the book, then I would suggest going to another retailer and asking them. i tried to look it up for you but I only have access to the CT beverage book. Good luck.

I am in Maryland. There is a store that will order what I'd like if they have the name of a distributor in this state. A couple of observations: I noticed a posting on this board that Leopold Bros. was available in VA, just across the river, and the Leopold Bros site indicates that it is available in DC, just across... well, just across the street, depending on where you stand in Maryland :) .

But the broader question would be, how can one know who distributes what absinthe so that one can point one's local store to that distributor?

Your retailer has a book called the Maryland Beverage Journal which lists all the distributors and all the brands they carry. He probably keeps it next to his cash register. He should be able...and happy...to look it up for you.

Heya, thanks for this info, I will ask next time I'm in. Last time I was into the store, I put in a special order, to see if they can get it. Told me I should know in about a week if it is available.