Well,,,got to say Quebec rules for Absinthe,,this has to the best I have had so far,,being fairly new to Absinthe.

The Taboo is killer!!!

Yeah, good stuff. Enjoying some right now, in fact. :cheers:

I'll have a glass of Taboo myself, in honor of a worthy ice hockey rival today. (hey, any excuse to louche another) :cheerz:

Damn straight. I myself louched up glass of Taboo after the game... and listened to all Canadian music (until we ran out of choices that is) and played Yuker (I have no idea how to spell that).

Yes the game was killer,,,,I have never watched so much Olympics.

The final game I had 3 glasses of Taboo and a healthy splash of Versinthe somewhere in between a beer or 2.

I just noticed that the Taboo label on the bottles from the SAQ is a tad different than previous labels. First of all there's a wood cork which is awesome, but what really perks my interest is on the front of the label where it says "Taboo Genuine-Absinthe", underneath that it says "Authentique Absenthe". What the fuck is that? It appears to be the French translation but absinthe in French is not absenthe.

Reason for Edit: To add the word underneath.

Edited by Babble

I've tried the German Tabu (ugh!) but not the Taboo of which you post. One of these days I'll get some of the goood stuff. :cheers:

Taboo is for Canadians only! Stick to your DP's, Pacifique, Marteau, Sirene and Vieux Carre. :devil:

There has to be something that we have and you don't other than a hockey team! :tongue:

I have never watched so much Olympics.

On the 2006 Winter Olympics Curling:

I was at a notorious prison in Iraq during the last winter Olympics. We were all sitting in the mess hall watching the tv with our mouths open and that look on our face that says precisely, "what the fuck is this?"

German Tabu Liqueur

Fixed.

There has to be something that we have and you don't other than a hockey team! :tongue:

Says the guy who's team barely eked out a victory in the rematch! :cheers:

I've tried the German Tabu (ugh!) but not the Taboo of which you post. One of these days I'll get some of the goood stuff. :cheers:

Bill, if you can make it to Winnipeg I will see to it that you get plenty of Taboo. :cheers:

It would be helpful if anyone planning to attend these could let me know in advance. I am NOT promising lots of free drinks for everyone!

Looking forward to meeting as many of the Quebec members as possible. A bientot!

Alan, I'll be there at Dieu du Ciel or Lab Bar. Hope there'll be other fellows to!

Edited by Le Diable Bleu

The Absynthe bar, on St-Denis near the corner of Maisonneuve, seems to be serving absinthe (all the SAQs, so : Clandestine, Kübler, Taboo, and similis like Versinthe and Absente). Maybe I'll try Kübler there.

I'm surprised they are still serving absinthe. They started out like that, serving Versinthe with the fountains and then the ownership changed and it turned into more of a beer joint. I wonder if they're selling?

I thought we had a good release here in Quebec till I read the reviews.

This is the latest release in Quebec,

Élie-Arnaud Denoix

From what I read it is worse than Hills.

Anyone got any comments on this brand. I think it was released in the U.S.A. as Mythe.

Edited by mattsback

I was surprised to read this thread.

When my son turned 18 I took him to Montreal to visit the strip-clubs.....

and there is no real absinthe there !?!!?!!!

:fork:

- mgs

I thought we had a good release here in Quebec till I read the reviews.

Assuming you live in Gatineau, you can get La Clandestine, Kübler and Taboo from 1/2 of the SAQ shops there.

If they're selling in general or absinthe-speaking? I'll check it when I can :) .

Yes I meant absinthe-speaking. I think I forgot to finish my sentence.

mattsback: Elie-Arnaud has been sold here for awhile. It was there in the beginning with Versinthe, Hills and then eventually Pernod. Don't go near it. Quebec has way better absinthes available, see Alan's post.

Taboo is in full stock here at the LCBO now and I'm hoping Clandestine is next to follow....

I'm planning a trip to Quebec sometime next month and hope to grab me some Kübler

oh, with that being said I might look up a few of you fellow members and see if you want to get together for a louche or two (or three) :wave2:

Taboo is in full stock here at the LCBO now and I'm hoping Clandestine is next to follow....

Vey unlikely, I am sorry to say. Their insistence on absinthes having less than 1 ppm of thujone means that this is impossible for us.

I'm planning a trip to Quebec .... oh, with that being said I might look up a few of you fellow members and see if you want to get together for a louche or two (or three)

I enjoyed meeting four fellow forum members in Montreal. You'll have a great time. I also recommend you visit the Dieu du Ciel Microbrewery pub and try to meet the owner, Stéphane. Of course he sells La Clandestine, but he also has some great beer.

Edited by Alan Moss

I also recommend you visit the Dieu du Ciel Microbrewery pub and try to meet the owner, Stéphane. Of course he sells La Clandestine, but he also has some great beer.

That is a stop I'm definitely going to make! :cheers:

And while in Ontario, you can still buy Hill's in 119 stores, as well as Sirene in 7 stores, and Taboo in just 1.

You may be disappointed to know that the LCBO has discontinued Pernod Absinthe.

Edited by Alan Moss