Just curious, HH, how is the Sirene?

If I may interject, my experience with Sirene was very positive. My freshly opened bottle was good but after a week, it turned into a very tasty beverage. Every time I've tried it since then, it has only improved more. It is a fine absinthe, IMHO.

I haven't had it yet. Will tell you when I have. I am a student after all, 100CAD for a bottle is kinda steep, I'll wait for summer job money to start kicking in.

no stores in Sault ste. Marie will carry it due to the fact that they only have one per location and none of them even sell, hence the pernod (shit!) :closedeyes: to make matters worse none of them will even try to get any other kinds of absinthe in stock ... (double shit!!) basically they told me that they WONT carry it.....

currently looking for places where it can be ordered from

anyone else?

:thumbdown:

Finally picked a bottle up, it's definitely better than any other absinthe from LCBO, not that the competition was very steep. Maybe not worth 99.95$ but, glad I got it. Working on putting up a review soon.

2 LCBOs told me that they arent ordering any becasue they already cary one (Pernod) and it doesn't sell

does anyone know where you could order it?

or anyone in Canada (preferrably Ontario) wanna send me a bottle?

I will pay for it with M O N E Y ! :huh:

EDIT: ummm.....canadian money, that is :biggrin:

Edited by Wayek

Hello all, sorry I haven't been around much as of late! We have deferred our visit to Toronto until later this year, as the LCBO is also bringing in one of our gins, and they delayed the launch date for a few months. We are hoping to do some fun events with both products once they're both there. I'll definitely post updates here when I have them.

Thanks to all for your kind words on Sirene, we hope those in Canada who have tried it thus far have been pleased. It was interesting to work with the LCBO and realize how large a markup they take on spirits. Unfortunately, the conversion rates between CAD and USD changed significantly between when they first ordered and when they actually purchased, so we did everything we could to get the price down. Unfortunately, it's still higher than we'd like it to be.

Cheers. :cheers:

I got ahold of some Sirene and I love it!

It has such a nice thick louche, one of the best characters about it

probably one of the best absinthes you can get in Canada right now IMO

Thanks Wayek! So glad to hear that you enjoyed it! I hope you'll also find that it will continue to evolve after it's been opened - that has often been our experience. We had some from a nearly-gone batch 2 bottle the other night at a friend's house, and it was wonderfully complex. :cheers:

No word yet on Manitoba... still working on Ontario! I'll post an update if/when I have one - thank you for asking. :cheers:

The time I got my bottle, I asked one of the employees on the ground floor where they kept it, he told me he had never heard of Sirène absinthe but pointed me to Hill's. I told him that I had checked the website and that the store had 46 bottles in stock. He told me to look in the basement (LCBO Vintages are usually equipped with a section for Vintage only products). So when I got there, I looked around quite a bit and couldn't find it, when I asked an employee he helped me look. We eventually found it tucked away far from sight in the darkest section of the basement. I asked them why they didn't put it in plainer sight, sorta like Hill's, they told me they didn't have room. :thumbdown:

Smart move on their part...Display the swill for the masses, save the good stuff for themselves...Kudos on calling 'em out! ;)

Thanks very much for reporting this! I talked with our broker in Ontario today, and he is going to talk to the manager at that store and get this rectified.

Also, he advised that if anyone is in an area of Ontario where they cannot find Sirène and a store refuses to order it in, send me a PM and we'll get him involved - he is more than happy to facilitate getting it into another store if there's a request.

Thanks again.

Do you know if Sirene is/wiil be available in the Sarnia area? I'll be traveling through there later this summer & would love to get my hands on some for the trip.

Unfortunately we don't have anything close to Sarnia, it's pretty much only in the Toronto area and Ottawa. But I'll call our broker on Monday and ask what options we have, he seemed to think we could get it other places with a little effort. Thanks for asking, and I'll report back.

Sault ste. Marie only stocks Pernod and it's pretty rare when they do and it doesnt come back for like a year.

Could use some help getting Sirene available here. Toronto and Ottowa is pretty far from here

they already sell the Pernod here and thats 68% and $81.00 a bottle

you should make that argument if they say anything about it :laugh:

shouldn't have trouble getting it here :thumbup:

PM sent!

:)

Thanks very much for reporting this! I talked with our broker in Ontario today, and he is going to talk to the manager at that store and get this rectified.

Also, he advised that if anyone is in an area of Ontario where they cannot find Sirène and a store refuses to order it in, send me a PM and we'll get him involved - he is more than happy to facilitate getting it into another store if there's a request.

Thanks again.

Any update on this yet Sonja?

Thank you for the prompting, I had some discussions with our broker but then didn't hear back - I've sent him a note to touch base, and will report back shortly.

Hi again - just sent you a PM with details, long story short there are bottles at the Churchill store in Sault Ste. Marie now!

Sardonix - your best bet for Sarnia will be to call a store and have them pre-order it for you. They can do that, all you need is the item number, which is Vintages 109330.

Thanks again for your interest, and patience, while we have been working on this. :cheers: