Sign in to follow this  
JJBlanche

What Should I Order?

Hmm...haven't been around the forums for a while, looking for some "what should I get now" feedback. My absinthe experience is limited to Duplais Balance (my first), followed by Lucid and Kübler (both of which I found lacking when compared to the Balance).

So I'm wondering...what should I order now? I've always wanted to try the PF 1901, but the exchange rate is a killer. I'm placing a wine order soon from DrinkUpNY, perhaps one of their offerings might fit the bill? I've heard some good regarding the Obsello. Hmm...

Obsello is getting good reviews as is Leopold's Verte. Those two should tie you over long enough for Marteau to hit the shelves. It's just around the corner!

Oh, and, welcome back! :cheers:

Obsello is getting good reviews as is Leopold's Verte. Those two should tie you over long enough for Marteau to hit the shelves. It's just around the corner!

Oh, and, welcome back! :cheers:

That Marteau does look interesting, I hadn't heard about it before.

So I'm wondering...what should I order now? I've always wanted to try the PF 1901, but the exchange rate is a killer.

Actually, it's pretty good right now compared to a year ago.

1y.png

+1

Did anyone notice a lot of sediment in their bottle? Mine was looked like it had a weak louche and had to be filtered.... but still very tasty.

So the Obsello seems to be worth it then? With my last order from DrinkUpNY, I bought a bottle of Kübler and Lucid. They were both okay, with the nod probably going to Kübler -- but again, not in the same league as the Duplais I had tried prior.

I suppose my point is that I don't want to spend $50 on something that's "okay" but ultimately bland. I'd rather buy a nice bottle of Cognac, or a few bottles of wine.

I found the Obsello to have a similar flavor profile to Balance. Get a bottle of Obsello and a bottle of La Clandestine. I seriously doubt you will have buyer's remorse with those two choices.