Sign in to follow this  
King Junior

Looking for Samples

Hello All. Looking to broaden my horizons from just Lucid and Kübler. Looking for Samples of St Georges, any of the Jades, and any that you may recommend.

Willing to pay for sample, postage, container, etc.

Anyone interested?

Junior

I thought about letting this thread drift into obscurity but decided to respond not only for Junior but for any other new members that have recently joined the Forum.

Sample exchanges are relatively common. It's a great way to taste a variety of beverages without spending a small fortune. There are a couple of red flags in the initial post that may chase members off from lining up to send you their booze.

First, we don't know you. Yet. With only a very few posts under your belt, your request for samples may seem presumptuous to other members. We don't know if you're an asshole, a gentleman, whether you kick little puppies or prefer your Ahi only very slightly grilled. I'll assume you are simply over-enthusiastic for the moment but if I'm wrong, I don't want to send a sample of my PF1901 to someone that might piss me off next week for being a prick. Give us a chance to get to know you. 98% (I made that statistic up) of the active WS membership are extraordinarily kind and generous people. 100% (true stat) of every member I've met I now consider a friend.

Generally, we swap samples. I'm sure your offer to pay for the sample, bottle and shipping was well intended and sincere. The problem is...well, pony-up for a bottle of Jade and see how quickly you want to share a sample of a very pricey beverage. 97% (I made that statistic up) of us have already tried Lucid and Kübler so we're not going to be real keen on sharing a sample of anything for another sample of Lucid.

Keep your eyes open. Eventually, someone will mention having purchased a bottle of something they don't care for and would like to do exchanges. And, it doesn't have to be absinthe, either. For example, I'm excited to try a new rum and a new rye that arrived this week. And if someone has something of interest they're not fond of, don't hesitate to offer up a sample exchange. It really is a cool way to taste different things and get to know other Forum members a little better.

:cheers:

So what else is new? Jus' looking after the good folks here.

At least any newb reading this, now and in the future, will know not to use USPS and that swapping samples of essential oils or bottles of olive oil suspended in bubble wrap inside Ziplock Freezer Bags is highly recommended.

Thanks for responding. I wasn't aware of the legal issues. In other forums that I've been involved with (razors, cigars, etc.) I've sent people samples to try and vice versa. I'll be ponying up some cash soon to pick up a bottle of the St. George, so maybe I can trade that way.

I was wondering why there were no responses, and now I know.

Now so you can get to know me a little better:

I'm definitely both an asshole and a gentleman, depending on the situation, time, and company I'm with.

I pet puppies, don't kick them.

I like my ahi seared lightly.

Also, I have some different liquor (especially rum/rhum/ron) essential oils at the house, that I'd be willing to trade.

Thanks for the time to help the new guy.

Junior

I thought about letting this thread drift into obscurity but decided to respond not only for Junior but for any other new members that have recently joined the Forum.

Sample exchanges are relatively common. It's a great way to taste a variety of beverages without spending a small fortune. There are a couple of red flags in the initial post that may chase members off from lining up to send you their booze.

First, we don't know you. Yet. With only a very few posts under your belt, your request for samples may seem presumptuous to other members. We don't know if you're an asshole, a gentleman, whether you kick little puppies or prefer your Ahi only very slightly grilled. I'll assume you are simply over-enthusiastic for the moment but if I'm wrong, I don't want to send a sample of my PF1901 to someone that might piss me off next week for being a prick. Give us a chance to get to know you. 98% (I made that statistic up) of the active WS membership are extraordinarily kind and generous people. 100% (true stat) of every member I've met I now consider a friend.

Generally, we swap samples. I'm sure your offer to pay for the sample, bottle and shipping was well intended and sincere. The problem is...well, pony-up for a bottle of Jade and see how quickly you want to share a sample of a very pricey beverage. 97% (I made that statistic up) of us have already tried Lucid and Kübler so we're not going to be real keen on sharing a sample of anything for another sample of Lucid.

Keep your eyes open. Eventually, someone will mention having purchased a bottle of something they don't care for and would like to do exchanges. And, it doesn't have to be absinthe, either. For example, I'm excited to try a new rum and a new rye that arrived this week. And if someone has something of interest they're not fond of, don't hesitate to offer up a sample exchange. It really is a cool way to taste different things and get to know other Forum members a little better.

:cheers:

Edited by King Junior

Now so you can get to know me a little better:

I'm definitely both an asshole and a gentleman, depending on the situation, time, and company I'm with.

I pet puppies, don't kick them.

I like my ahi seared lightly.

10 extra points for excellent response. Nicely done. :wave2:

Oh, and FWIW, the flying monkeys I prefer for swapping essential oils is FedEx ground. Wait...I guess those monkeys wouldn't be flying, would they?

What do you call a fly with no wings?

A walk.

:laf:

OK, I'll shuddup now.

Yeah except here, they suck worse than UPs. They couldn't find my house for 5 days! Finally, they gave up and delivered a very good bottle of booze to my office.

A walk . :dry:

Oh and T, I would be up for a sample of that Rye! B)

I'll remember that next time. I'm down to the 6-year old "baby" Sazerac and the last remaining dregs of the 10-year old special Sazerac sample at the moment.

Oh and T, I would be up for a sample of that Rye! B)

I'm always up for a new rye right now. Which one are we talking about?

And Junior... thanx for starting this thread. Good info for me here, as well. Welcome aboard.

A friend of ours from Colorado sent me a sample of limited production 10 year old Sazerac. That was good.

The baby Sazerac is my personal favorite, everyday rye.

The 18 year old Sazerac is the gift I give myself when I've been a very good boy.

Currently, I'm working on the Rittenhouse 100 "Bottled in Bond" and the 101 Wild Turkey Rye...both drinkable although I prefer the Baby Saz.

I'm a big fan of the Sazerac 6 year and the Michter's. But I think the character of the Rittenhouse BIB is very close to the Michter's, especially once mixed. And at $15 vs $30, it's pretty hard to fault. LOVE the Sazerac 18 year!

I'm told the Pappy 13 year will release this month. Can't wait to try that.

10 year old Saz...that sounds just right.

Currently, I'm working on the Rittenhouse 100 "Bottled in Bond" and the 101 Wild Turkey Rye...both drinkable although I prefer the Baby Saz.

I have a bottle of each of those on my shelf at the moment, but I find I keep coming back to the Rittenhouse. The Wild Turkey rye just reminds me too much of Wild Turkey. I really should have brought some rye back from the US. Damn.